Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cars have wheels (My cars and stuff thread). Kiwi!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Damn, that seemed quite quick.

Do you happen to know what to do to it/keep an eye on the keep the engine in running condition? My mechanic said it may not be a good idea going too mental with fuel/injector etc cleaning products as the car may not like being that clean again (if it hadn't had it done for a while).
    Bought some new spark plugs, oil, filter and a couple other things from Toyota the other day, even though most of that may have already been done recently.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Damn, that seemed quite quick.

Do you happen to know what to do to it/keep an eye on the keep the engine in running condition? My mechanic said it may not be a good idea going too mental with fuel/injector etc cleaning products as the car may not like being that clean again (if it hadn't had it done for a while).
    Bought some new spark plugs, oil, filter and a couple other things from Toyota the other day, even though most of that may have already been done recently.
    honestly, it's an old Toyota. Everything might be knackered, or if it has been well serviced, it might still be all good. It's a rolling of the dice. Just do normal servicing, and then if something plays up, look more deeply.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah true, it came with no service history which doesn't help. But so far seems all good.

Anyways, a couple weeks ago i organised a wee winter meet, small turnout because it's the first one i've done in a long time so the regulars have mostly moved on to other things. Oh well. Still got some nice cars. Including my mates newly blacked Viper.

Not long after this it started raining lightly, then got quite heavy, and with no windows in the Viper he got a bit wet going home.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; June 6th, 2019 at 12:50 AM.

Getting the fuel injectors professionally cleaned usually won't cause an issue, unless an issue was already present and in which case, should still be done.

Jmo

They also seem to have a close ratio gearbox, at least the ones I've test driven years ago at work seemed to.

Wouldn't worry too much about higher kms, my lovely ACV36 camry has 450,xxx kms on it now, top end is a bit noisy, but I give it a hard time most days getting onto the highway.
    Change the oil, change the fuel filter and you'll be right. Although the filter on those can be fun...