Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Online

Even if it is, I don't care!

Free is worth it to try.

I've been blundering my way through the beginning tutorial missions. I'm interested, but the whole thing seems confusing right now, despite the fact that I'm getting rail-roaded at the moment.

It's kind of buggy. Voice acting is cringe-worth at times. There's still a lot of stuff that I don't get.

I'm kind of enjoying it though. I was just gifted a new ship.

Stick it out until you get to the first space battle, as just exploring/scanning is pretty boring.

I don't know about when you played, but I was thrown into space battles right away just from following the story. Nearly every encounter involves a space battle. They start out easy, but are getting challenging. One particular space battle, I just beat the last ship after a difficult fight. My shields were mostly down and my hull was at ~60%. I was too close to the explosion of the last enemy and my ship got destroyed! I got credit for finishing the mission anyway. The game lacks polish. The story is like a lame episode of Star Trek: TNG. I find micro managing of inventory, skills and crew to be confusing. (ZOMG, look at the 50 cool things your crew member can do for you, but you can only use one at a time. ) The trade/exchange system seems confusing as well, as there seems to be four different currencies. Despite all that, I'm doing just fine simply using game rewards and loot. However, I think to really get the most out of the game, you should learn how to use all those features. I'm sure there is something I'm not doing right, but the game has not really told me anything on how to use any of these features. I had to do an internet search just to find out how to make sense of the currency exchange. I guess I can't be too disparaging, I'm still playing it.

Apparently, I found where the real action is. I noticed there are encounters on the galaxy map, so I dropped in to see what it was about. INSANE ACTION! There were about 20 players fighting in a gigantic space battle with a bunch of NPCs. Even the largest enemy ships would not last more than 10 seconds against the complete and utter onslaught of player attacks. Wow. That's pretty cool.

http://cameronporter.net/STOfight.png
    Last edited by Cam; September 18th, 2016 at 02:40 PM.

That's it. Let loose.

Damn.

This game is quite buggy.