Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I wish more drivers would open up to the fans about that sort of thing.
    Ever listen to the Dinner With Racers podcast? Stories abound.

Happened to listen to my first one today, the Rossi episode. On Keith's recommendation.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks, cuda!
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Ever listen to the Dinner With Racers podcast? Stories abound.
    Oooh, subscribing.

It's a great format. They talk over dinner and drinks so a lot of the guests are/get loosened up.

Administrator
    Just listened to the Andy Lally one, that was a fun listen.

I debated if I should post this in the LM thread as the car in question is a LM24 winner, and this track is generally associated with American car racing, including but not limited to Indycars. In the end I chose to post Mika Hakkinen driving 1995 LeMans-winning McLaren F1 at Laguna Seca because of the "generic" in the thread title.

What do you reckon he's giving it?, 5/10, maybe 6? What do you say Cuda, you drove Laguna in similar machinery, only it was 20 years newer. What do you think of the car, the driving?

One thing I love about this particular run is that, unlike say the Porsche thing at Spa, this is the original combo but with modern recording technology. The sound coming thru my headphones is glorious.
    acket.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Go Dixon!

Shoulda won last year too...

I was there watching Mika's laps at Laguna. He drove well but was clearly treating the car like the priceless piece of history it is. Taking it easy on tire warmup, braking early and gently into corners, never sliding the car, etc. Was nice to hear him wring out the engine though. Looks like a much more physical/raw car to drive than the modern stuff. The steering looks heavy.

Robert Wickens has published a video on Twitter where he confirms he suffers from lower body paralysis as a a result of his Pocono crash.

Did my first slide transfer as a paraplegic today. My upper body is getting stronger everyday. I’ve only been posting videos of the small movement in my legs, but the reality is I am far away from walking on my own. I’ve never worked harder for anything in my life. More to come!!
    Sucks.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 26th, 2018 at 04:40 AM.
    acket.