Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yes, they do.

Most famous/promising of whom is Dan Ticktum, but some people see him as "damaged goods" after his two-year ban.
    Considering that in 2015, Ticktum graduated to MSA Formula with Fortec Motorsport. He led the early rounds of the Championship, until an incident at Silverstone, where he purposely overtook several cars while under safety car conditions to crash into a rival, Ricky Collard. This saw him receive a two-year ban from motorsport, of which one year was a suspended ban. As a result, he finished 6th in his first season of single seater racing.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Considering that in 2015, Ticktum graduated to MSA Formula with Fortec Motorsport. He led the early rounds of the Championship, until an incident at Silverstone, where he purposely overtook several cars while under safety car conditions to crash into a rival, Ricky Collard. This saw him receive a two-year ban from motorsport, of which one year was a suspended ban. As a result, he finished 6th in his first season of single seater racing.
    "Incident". Wasn't he shown multiple yellow, double-waived yellow, checkered, pirate and oil-on-track flags multiple times before he rammed that other kid.
    acket.

McLaren does it again - Indy 500 a comedy of errors:

https://apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff

* With a week to go before the first test, they realised they had failed to build a steering wheel for their car, as they had intended. CEO Zak Brown had to beg one from Cosworth, but getting it set up lost them half a day's running.
    * The spare car was delivered in the wrong shade of orange. When Alonso crashed and needed it, it took two days to get it out of the paint shop and build it up.
    * Alonso lost his first qualifying run due to a puncture, which wasn't detected due to having the wrong tyre pressure sensors
    * When practicing for the last row shootout, the team begged help from other teams, but failed to convert inches to centimetres, leaving the car too low to the ground and aborting the run. (McLaren has form here, in F1 winter testing they managed to fit Button's suspension arms upside down leaving the car too low to the ground. Initial joy at their rediscovered pace evaporated when they discovered they were running an illegal ride height.)
    * Alonso averaged 227.35 mph in the final shootout, losing out on a place by 0.02 mph. Afterwards the team realised their gearing was set to redline at 227.5 mph, when the car could have got to 229 with the right ratio.

McLaren without Ron Dennis is like Apple without Steve Jobs I guess.

If McLaren is never going to get Ron Dennis back, I wonder how many more years can Brown keep his job while apologizing to fans.

At least on the F-1 side, we're seeing some improvements. Doing better than Renault with a Renault engine is definitely a step in the right direction.

Alonso really should just partner with one of the top Indycar teams if he really wants to win one.

He'd be better off joining the series than jumping in to try win a one off race.
    Then we'd get an idea of his pace vs Dixon and the other regulars.
    I think Alonso would be in for a bit of a shock if he did that though.

I think Nigel Mansell have proven that F1 champ is quick enough to win in maiden year in a top indy team.

JV took another year to achieve that in F1 in a way more superior car.

Assuming Mclaren won’t operate the car, Alonso should have a good chance winning the championship, but will need more luck with the 500.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Anybody else heard the rumor that Ed Carpenter Racing quoted them for 2M for a setup package on Saturday night?

Major clusterfuck over at McLaren. I wouldn't believe it was solely Bob Fernley's fault, as much as it wasn't Eric Boulier or Tim Goss.
    acket.

Zak Brown mismanaged something in an embarrassing way? No way.

Junior Potato
    Talk about stomping the fine McLaren name into the dirt.

Junior Potato
    Speaking of McLaren (how’s this for a thread resurrection!) they’ve just announced that they’re competing in Indy Car full time starting next year. Presumably with Alonso as one of the drivers. Cool!