Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

Administrator
    I thought they'd parted ways?

Edit: Sounds like there's no plans for him to drive with them, but they're open to "adding a third car" to the lineup if he wants to drive for them: https://racer.com/2019/08/09/mclaren...ar-for-alonso/

Yeah, they're merging with an existing team.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I thought they'd parted ways?

Edit: Sounds like there's no plans for him to drive with them, but they're open to "adding a third car" to the lineup if he wants to drive for them: https://racer.com/2019/08/09/mclaren...ar-for-alonso/
    Thanks. I said ‘presumably’ because I saw the headline and didn’t look any further into it

I’m thinking it’s a given that Alonso will have another crack at the Indy 500. But i also think it would be silly to do it without also competing in extra races if the availability is there.

I thought Alonso is not interested in full time Indy season, but Mclaren doing this full season with an existing team should help avoid the fiasco again...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Thanks. I said ‘presumably’ because I saw the headline and didn’t look any further into it

I’m thinking it’s a given that Alonso will have another crack at the Indy 500. But i also think it would be silly to do it without also competing in extra races if the availability is there.
    Definitely a given, but I can only see him with McLaren if he can't get any other team interested, which feels like a longshot.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    look, a pretty wagon!

EB8klL1WwAEPwRy.jpg
    acket.

Junior Potato
    A question: can anyone explain for me the timing line procedure that's being used here?

It looks like the cars are being timed before they approach pit entry. A bit odd considering the start line is another few hundred meters down the track.

The only reason I can see them doing it is so that they can duck into the pits quickly after finishing their lap, but it makes it hard to follow if you're expecting the cars to cross the line on the main straight and you don't know why.

Yeah, they do that a lot so cars on the in lap do not obstruct cars on a flying lap.