Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

If he makes it he needs to set himself down in a nice rocking chair and not move from it for 30 years.

Looks like he’s following Schumacher’s trail to stay on a bed and not move for a while...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    If by "stay on a bed and not move" you mean "smashing his cranium against something hard with excessive force" then yes, you are correct, they're both in the same club.
    acket.

On Marshall Pruett's Indycar podcast, he sounded incredibly frustrated with the league and the drivers because of their lack of even attempted action towards inclusion. He said that he reached out to many drivers in an attempt to coordinate some kind of event, and has been suggesting the league have some kind diversity focused program, and got nothing but push-back and excuses. He said that he lost a lot of respect for the people he covers because of it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Wow. Hopefully it's something really benign like them simply trying to keep politics out of IndyCar rather than some active distaste for any inclusion programs.

Although it makes them look really shit if their contemporaries in deep-south NASCAR are showing them up and booting out the racists.

From the San Raffaele Hospital press release:

“After a period during which he was subjected to intensive care following hospitalisation on July 24 the patient responded with significant clinical improvements.

“For this reason, he is currently assisted and treated with semi-intensive care at the Neuroreanimation Unit, directed by Professor Luigi Beretta.”
    ##
    acket.

Genuine question to the series regulars, why did it not end in a Red Flag?

Anyway, mature race by Sato, he put it where it should. Great races by the top 2 chevy guys, too. My pick for move of the day, however, goes to Colton Hero.

BTW, glad Pigot walked out of that wreck, that was a violent whack!
    Last edited by FaultyMario; August 23rd, 2020 at 02:00 PM.
    acket.

The time it would have taken to fix the wall would have been prohibitive. Keith also mentioned that the field was on low fuel with tires full of carbon shards. Just not a situation conducive to a red flag condition.

Interesting race, super lame result.

Man, my old teammate just can't catch a break at Indy. He has so much talent.

Happy for Sato. He went early, it seemed, and he defended earlier on than I would have expected. His bold strategy paid off today. It was cool to see a racer going for it in this era of winning by fuel/tyre saving.

I haven't followed IndyCar that closely in the last few years but I was surprised at how many very successful names were mired midfield or further back than that even.

Seemed like Honda had the advantage. I wonder if any of their F1 developments made their way to their IndyCar engine program.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I believe the problem with the end of the race was multiple factors: There were technically 4 laps left, and having the field stopped then restarted would have required at least two warm-up laps. The damage to the wall was more than IMS expected and would have required a lengthy repair, and NBC was near the end of their planned air time because of the large number of cautions.

A lot of the Chevy teams were off the pace in qualifying, and a change of qualifying format in recent years meant that most everyone only got one shot, which is why Penske and many others were so down the field.

Any idea on what failed on Davison's car? I assume something got stuck in the caliper, or the pad itself fell off.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via