Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I didn't get to follow Senior much, Danny Sullivan may be the earliest Indycar hero I can recall, but that's because of the arcade game not from the races on TV.

May he rest in peace.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What car is this?

I know it's supposed to be the Reynard 96i ran by Vasser in 97, but why does it have an intake restrictor?
    acket.

I wonder if it has a non-standard engine so that it can actually move on its own power or even be raced, and that engine needs that intake.
    Get that weak shit off my track

So you know the curbs are a little high when it launches cars up into the fence.

Junior Potato
    Colton Herta is fast. Really fast. He's been mentioned as a potential F1 graduate on numerous occasions, and would have definitely been in the squad if Andretti's F1 project was able to get off the ground.

But I think his biggest problem is himself right now. He's trying too hard to finish high, rather than making decisions that benefit him in the long term. Erratic driving, shitty collisions, silly mistakes. He needs to slow himself down a bit, and maybe next year he will be a championship contender. He is very exciting to watch though!

For now, the championship is between Alex Palou, Will Power, and Marcus Ericsson. The first two have been there and done that, so they know how to convert consistency into a championship. I'd dearly love to see Ericsson get the title this year, as it will be a great story of how he got shat out the bottom end of F1 and found success in IndyCar.

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Colton Herta is fast. Really fast. He's been mentioned as a potential F1 graduate on numerous occasions, and would have definitely been in the squad if Andretti's F1 project was able to get off the ground.

But I think his biggest problem is himself right now. He's trying too hard to finish high, rather than making decisions that benefit him in the long term. Erratic driving, shitty collisions, silly mistakes. He needs to slow himself down a bit, and maybe next year he will be a championship contender. He is very exciting to watch though!

For now, the championship is between Alex Palou, Will Power, and Marcus Ericsson. The first two have been there and done that, so they know how to convert consistency into a championship. I'd dearly love to see Ericsson get the title this year, as it will be a great story of how he got shat out the bottom end of F1 and found success in IndyCar.
    That's his issue, and one that he needs to get rid of otherwise he will never win an Indycar title.

Was gutted at O'Ward's retirement at Mid-Ohio. I think it basically put him out of contention.

So, I have not been following much of IndyCar lately... what is the, apparent, deal with everyone and her dog hating on Rossi? I saw he made a mess in Mid-Ohio but tv commentators seemed to infer there's more about it behind the scenes... what gives?

Junior Potato
    I dunno. Rossi was the Next Big Thing when he won the 100th Indy 500 but hasn't done a lot since then.