Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

Local news report says Bourdais is out for the season due to the hip injury.

I'm not going to go for a run tomorrow, but I'm up! Thank you all for your support! pic.twitter.com/1u5OtqdbBg

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    from ayayay! to yay!
    acket.

New concept images of the 2018 car: http://www.autoblog.com/2017/05/25/2...-aerodynamics/

Super Speedway:

High Downforce

Get that weak shit off my track

Wow! Looks pretty hot!

Administrator
    I like it, but I thought they had a whole thing about not leaving the rear tires exposed like that to lessen the chance of another car getting launched skyward?

A common misunderstanding is that the rear wheel pods aka "Kardashians", were brought about to prevent cars climbing over each other when in fact that was hoped side benefit from them. Their true intent was to prevent cut tires from wing on tire contact which had become exceedingly prevalent at the time especially on temp street courses.

Now I don't know if the latest construction of the Firestones they use are more puncture resistant then in the past of not, all I know is those pods were pretty universally hated by the fans and that's the reason for their removal.

Regarding the renders, yeah it's still looking better for sure. I don't like the massive floor relative to the new side pods myself but I realize that it's still the same chassis and they need to make their downforce somewhere so there you go.

Administrator
    Ahh, count me under the common misunderstanders. I thought that was the entire purpose of them.

I also agree that they are goddamn hideous, much like whatever head protection thing that F1 adopts will be. Still, would rather have fewer injured/killed drivers than prettier cars.

Make the wings out of rubber.

You're welcome.