Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Generic IndyCar Discussion Thread

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    The concern was actually more for the cars interlocking wheels, and so Dallara added the fin behind the rear tire.

I think one reason the rear pods are going is that they tens to be easily knocked off, leading to large debris on the track.

Went to the Dallara factory in Speedway, Indiana today for a tour. We were not allowed on the factory floor however because Dallara was constructing aero test pieces for the 2018 cars and did not want them viewable by the public.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Should have pulled up that article and asked exactly which parts they were working on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Make the wings out of rubber.

You're welcome.
    Not sure about Indycar but I know F1 mandates rounded ends of a minimum circumference so there's no sharp edge and (hopefully) less chance of a tyre being punctured.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The Ganassis are working nice!
    acket.

Wow. Maybe Alonso should just avoid Hondas at all costs.

"And our engines blow-up here, and here, and here....." pic.twitter.com/wdXA6eImDO

An F1 driver DOES win the Indy 500. @TakumaSatoRacer 👍 pic.twitter.com/oi38zWGdZF

Happy for Sato!

Unfortunately we've confirmed that Alonso and Honda just don't mix well together...

Team Andretti sure has been impressive lately... Making up for all the previous losses as racers I guess...

very impressed with both the crash structure of the cars and the response from the infield trucks (they started rolling before Scott Dixon's car even hit the fence)

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    very impressed with both the crash structure of the cars and the response from the infield trucks (they started rolling before Scott Dixon's car even hit the fence)
    Which was actually a problem because the accident for Conor Daly had the T3/T4 safety truck starting to roll out, then Harvey (I think...?) spinning out exiting Turn 3. Thankfully the safety crew saw it and stopped because he would have collected them.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

They also at one point were driving towards pit entry, right after pit lane was opened, with the cars starting to come in. They had to stop and back out of the way.