Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAA

USAA is 20 miles and then a per mile surcharge, IIRC. I blew my head gasket 22 miles from my mechanic. Boo.

Actually, it blew for real in Janesville but the car died near Milwaukee.

Damn!!!

Hey, the AAA Premier looks totally worth it. They'll reimburse you up to $1500 to defend yourself against a manslaughter charge.

Also, unlimited sets free per member per year passport photos. That'll come in handy one time every 11 years.

- you should try to go in every day and request a different passport, to a different country, with a different name.

I've been with AAA for decades as a member and recently switched over for auto and home insurances too. I have nothing but good things to say about them. However, I probably shouldn't say too much about it because AAA probably will lose this potential customer all because Billi really likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I've been with AAA for decades as a member and recently switched over for auto and home insurances too. I have nothing but good things to say about them. However, I probably shouldn't say too much about it because AAA probably will lose this potential customer all because Billi really likes it...
    Crap. Now you've gone and ruined it. Just when I got a good insurance quote too.

AAA is the most evil organization EVER, lousy services and misleading quotes! Listen to me, don't join them! You'll regret it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    AAA is the most evil organization EVER, lousy services and misleading quotes! Listen to me, don't join them! You'll regret it!!!
    I've had it for years and hardly ever used it! But it's useful for not having to go to DMV.

Not sure what's going on with Billi's quote there... But then again, I never am. Too bad ignore doesn't work on quotes.

Anyway. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I've had it for years and hardly ever used it! But it's useful for not having to go to DMV.
    I think that alone is worth the price of membership!

I've also had them hauled my old Civic and friend's vehicles plenty of times... I've also used their services to helped me jump start, unlock doors, and even gotten like a free gallon of fuel when I ran out of gas!!! Travel services are helpful too...

But I think I've been using their services less and less... with newer cars... more experiences(not as much of an airhead as before) and google maps really made AAA maps less useful..., but they're still nice to have for peace of mind!

Anyway, with regard to the insurance front, you can tell the people on the phone just sound more professional and helpful. I've had State Farm for decades and have had pretty good experiences in the past, but the last time we called on them for help they really let us down. They under estimated our car value so end up totaling our car un-necessarily and then compensate us unfairly too... and the run around was amazing... every time I called in, a different person is working on my case so I had to explain everything again and again... and I had to file a complaint to the State government in order to finally get some higher level management to compensate me fairly..., but I've had enough of it so decided to switch to AAA.

Wife did have an accident recently and it's amazing how they smoothly taken care of us. They actually towed our dented car away to be fixed and delivered a rental car to us on our driveway! The body shop did take their sweet time with our car though... nearly a month! But at least they also delivered our car back and then tow the rental away without us having to do anything.

I think State Farm is still a bit cheaper, but comparing the services offered, no way I'm ever going back to State Farm!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 3rd, 2016 at 10:52 AM.