Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Hurricanes.

Female Masturbatory Aid

So, Hurricanes.

Well, looks like I may get to "enjoy" my first one. With the 5pm EST NOAA update, the east half of FL is in the "cone of uncertainty".

Been in an earthquake, seen a tornado (few miles away), blizzard. I guess I can cross this one off the list.

All I need is a volcano, and I think I have the card full.

We'll make the decision tomorrow on when/where to run, after a few more updates.

Good times.

C'mon up to Columbia for a few days.

They're not so bad if you're prepared. If you're not in a flood prone area, and have shutters/new construction, Cat 1 & 2 are no problem. Cat 3 can be bad enough to start throwing heavy things at your house and causing serious surge. If you have somewhere else you can go, I'd leave at a 4 or 5 level definitely, and maybe 3 depending on you situation. Mandatory evacs will probably happen for 4 and definitely 5.

This one looks like it will be a Cat 3 if/when it reaches FL. If it comes close enough to South Florida, I'll be living at work (well 12 on/12off, but weather may keep me from being to go home).

Flooding isn't just rain, but storm surge, so anywhere on the coast should probably leave for a Cat3 or higher.

Hermine earlier this year when it went over the panhandle was the first hurricane to make landfall since 2005 in Florida.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    got hit by one in 2004, Charlie, I think...left Tampa because it was supposed to be headed that way...went to Orlando to "evacuate" and got hit there.

No problems for my family, but the hotel we stayed at had a 3 story wall of bricks come crashing down on several cars below...one minivan's roof had completely bottomed out. My car (Lexus GS300) was luckily not parked back there.

Felt Hermine a bit, but not bad...Tampa very rarely gets hit directly by any hurricanes, the last direct hit was back in the 1960's

Hurricanes are fun. Barricade yourself with some alcohol and enjoy it like a man.

We get 3-6 a year. I biked down to work in one once. One of my fondest memories on that bike.

There's, oddly, been a couple that have shot straight up Chesapeake Bay since I've been in DC. First one was the first summer I lived here (got my first blizzard that year too! why does DC get both?), had to stop driving during a particularly bad arm, since my wipers couldn't keep up. Also experienced my first close call with 'flood waters', my car got a little light going through some water, and now I know to never ever ever tempt that sort of fate again. From my limited experience it seems like anything 3 and below is pretty well livable as long as you aren't in a flood zone/on lower floors. Its 4 and 5 that gets legitimately dangerous.

Edit: I'm speaking from more of an inland point of view, not sure exactly how close you are to the coast

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Hurricanes are fun. Barricade yourself with some alcohol and enjoy it like a man.
    Only pussies barricade themselves in.

Go sit on the porch and drink like all of middle America during tornado 'season'.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Hurricanes are fun. Barricade yourself with some alcohol and take it like a man.
    FTFY

Says the dude from the windy city.