Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The good things, and the bad tings that may be... The Sex Thread.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Really? It's that clear cut?

Let's say a gorgeous looking girl seduces me... Or emotionally seduces me with revealing cloths and come on signals and we end up making passionate love... We're all grown ups and legal age-wise.

But then after my climax, I fucking realized that I'm a married man and I've sinned against Jesus!!!! What was I thinking!?!?!?

Can I just cry rape to get myself off the hook?

Haha. No. In that example you have committed adultery. Now off you go and do whatever Moses said would happen if you broke the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    No, I don't think it's rape if you were coerced into consent by seduction and emotion rather than alcohol and drugs.
    Really? Now, what if we have a really weak minded chick..., who knows very well that her ex-boyfriend is a no good son of a bitch, but he is just so hot! The ex-bf would frequently come knocking on her door to flatter her and seduce her whenever he feels horny... she clearly tells him NO at first. No. No. No..., but after a while, even without any alcohol or drugs, she just couldn't resist him anymore due to her hormones alone! She really enjoys the sex, but fucking regrets it and hates herself every time that happens... and she wish she has sufficient will power to stop this but doesn't know how to stop this.

That's not really rape, huh? Just a semi-consensual sex?

I agree with you, and now you want to question it. Ok.

In that particular scenario, assuming there was no physical contact or verbal badgering (because you did not allude to there being any), and she just changed her mind of her own free will, then no, that's not rape. It's not "semi-consensual", it's consensual. Just because you regret a choice later that you made in the moment, with completely accurate facts given to you, doesn't mean you didn't give consent.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ok, sorry, no offense, not just disagreeing with you just for the sake of disagreeing with ya!

Just wish to illustrate the point that it's not very clear cut either way..., and I don't think we have to automatically jump to either side and claim the other side must be wrong.

Even in our very own head, we have seemingly 2 brains that might disagree with each other. Your rational brain says no way you're eating this delicious favorite treat of yours because it's not healthy or because you wish to lose weight or whatever good reasons you have. However, your emotional brain doesn't care. It is just dying to have it. So which part of your brain is the real you? As long as your emotional brain gives consent, then that's that?

I personally have no answers nor even an opinion on this subject... mostly because this is just too complicated to take sides.

Ideally, one should just not fuck around out side of marriage period. Then one can avoid getting into these messes..., but in reality, it's just too hard for us to not fuck around and fuck up. Now, post fuck ups, besides just blaming others, we also have to try to own up to our personal responsibilities too. Per our discussion in the political thread, our society does tend to want to blame others more than taking up personal responsibility. Women or men alike.

Your rational and emotional minds are both you. The one that "wins" is the one whose command you take.

When your decision-making process is altered, by mental, physical or societal threat, or by mind-altering chemicals that you somehow consume, even willingly, that's when consent in the moment can be justifiably questioned later.

But that's getting away from the situation in this specific case, so I don't know that any revelation on this course works towards a consensus on this case. As you said, it's quite complicated and can be case sensitive.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Anyway, I do generally agree with you. To me, There's just this very gray and wide line in between and I find it interesting that some can see thing's so very clear cutly...

Any sex you regret was obviously rape, duh.

You'll never regret sex with Bill Cosby because you won't even remember! But those incidences are clearly rape too.

Anyway, so bottom line is that if you had sex, chances are you most likely raped somebody!

You'll never regret sex with Bill Cosby because you won't even remember! But those incidences are clearly rape too.
    Find a happy place, Billy/i/e. Enjoy your sweater collection and Jello pudding pops.

Really? It's that clear cut?

Let's say a gorgeous looking girl seduces me... Or emotionally seduces me with revealing cloths and come on signals and we end up making passionate love... We're all grown ups and legal age-wise.

But then after my climax, I fucking realized that I'm a married man and I've sinned against Jesus!!!! What was I thinking!?!?!?

Can I just cry rape to get myself off the hook?
    When you talk about "emotional manipulation" what I have in mind is "Come on, you'd have sex with me if you really loved me" and the girl thinking "Oh, I guess I'd better do it otherwise he'll be pissed off, even though I don't really want to."