Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attempting to be more fashionable

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I disagree.
    About hygiene or about the "only" part?

Because i said that half-jokingly. Expensive clothes don't make the fashion, Appropriate ones do.

Dress according to your age, bodytype, tastes and comfort (that includes location, for weather and company). Do it in the best fabrics you can afford; when choosing between two of same, the nicer material will always win.

A basic tee shirt can be fashionable if it makes you feel confident, make sure that what needs to be ironed is ironed, what needs to be tucked in is. And so on and so forth.

Lighter colors go on tops, darker bottoms. Spend some extra money on nice shoes and give them their intended use. Finicky materials are for special occasions because they will lose their appeal faster, that doesn't mean that workhorse garments will live forever.

Keep it clean, keep it neat and you're 85% there. The next 10% comes from your attitude. Brand only makes the remaining 5%.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; October 18th, 2016 at 05:00 AM.
    acket.

Didn't someone buy some clothes from the brothers cut?

What was the consensus on sizing?

Fashion sense is an acquired taste... and I think for most guys, myself included, it might even be a sense that's nearly impossible to truly acquire even if we were working in the fashion industry! If you have the dough, hire somebody to help you... DIY is never a good idea. If you don't have the dough and don't really care, just be yourself. How bad can you look when you have a wardrobe made by Target designers? Sure, not that great, but can't be that bad either, right? Just don't shop at Walmart!

Anyway, if your hot new GF likes you for who you are now, don't even worry about your fashion sense now. If you're really that horribly dressed to her, she would not even bother becoming your GF! So perhaps you can utilize her as your fashion assistant. Get her free opinion on what looks good on you. Go on shopping dates with her. Female/gay advise is always far superior to advise from other men.

I'm dressed by my wife. She buys stuffs that looks better on me at a cheaper price whether if it's suits or just t-shirts. You can't beat that. Learn to rely on chics in this area of our lives. Good luck.

Wear nothing but apparel with the logo and name of your favorite sporting team.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    About hygiene or about the "only" part?

Because i said that half-jokingly. Expensive clothes don't make the fashion, Appropriate ones do.

Dress according to your age, bodytype, tastes and comfort (that includes location, for weather and company). Do it in the best fabrics you can afford; when choosing between two of same, the nicer material will always win.

A basic tee shirt can be fashionable if it makes you feel confident, make sure that what needs to be ironed is ironed, what needs to be tucked in is. And so on and so forth.

Lighter colors go on tops, darker bottoms. Spend some extra money on nice shoes and give them their intended use. Finicky materials are for special occasions because they will lose their appeal faster, that doesn't mean that workhorse garments will live forever.

Keep it clean, keep it neat and you're 85% there. The next 10% comes from your attitude. Brand only makes the remaining 5%.
    I disagreed with the "only" part, which you were clearly joking about. Pretty accurate summary on your part here although dark tops and light bottoms are fine too. I'd say that brand is even less than 5% if your stuff looks good. My 3 "best" suits are tailored, and only one of them is from a "famous" tailor. I think the main difference is that that one is full canvas and is made from slightly finer material. The other two are half-canvas and are particularly good given the price and the slightly less expensive material. My suits which come from name-brands are fine, but are by and large not as good in terms of fit, cut, and appearance as more money goes into the brand which leaves less for the cloth/workmanship (and which explains why I don't ever having remembered bought a "branded" suit for full price).

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Fashion sense is an acquired taste... and I think for most guys, myself included, it might even be a sense that's nearly impossible to truly acquire even if we were working in the fashion industry! If you have the dough, hire somebody to help you... DIY is never a good idea. If you don't have the dough and don't really care, just be yourself. How bad can you look when you have a wardrobe made by Target designers? Sure, not that great, but can't be that bad either, right? Just don't shop at Walmart!

Anyway, if your hot new GF likes you for who you are now, don't even worry about your fashion sense now. If you're really that horribly dressed to her, she would not even bother becoming your GF! So perhaps you can utilize her as your fashion assistant. Get her free opinion on what looks good on you. Go on shopping dates with her. Female/gay advise is always far superior to advise from other men.

I'm dressed by my wife. She buys stuffs that looks better on me at a cheaper price whether if it's suits or just t-shirts. You can't beat that. Learn to rely on chics in this area of our lives. Good luck.
    Well she liked me, despite my fashion sense...but I agree, we're going to do clothes shopping together once I see her in a few weeks, but until then I wanted to impress her with the progress I made on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Well she liked me, despite my fashion sense...but I agree, we're going to do clothes shopping together once I see her in a few weeks, but until then I wanted to impress her with the progress I made on my own.
    Then you'll need to enlist the help of your other girlfriends or gay friends. Remember, you cannot DIY fashion sense, especially in a few weeks.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    As for haircuts, iirc there's only like 3 or 4 basic cuts, the rest are variations on a theme.

Learn which one works best for you and have an honest hairdresser let you know what your limits are so you can have some liberty with yours.

Best example on hair is here, in the faces of Nigel and Carlo. It seems they've never changed their 'cut but theirs are versatile enough that they can go from work mode to play mode and be noticeable.
    acket.

Bullshit, Carlo used to have a skyscraper, now he's in a townhome* at most.

*I have no idea what an example of a 10 story building would be. Think of one and put that in instead of townhome.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; October 18th, 2016 at 10:44 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track