Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So there's this

Well it's not what I want -- I want as much power as 11:1 compression pistons + aluminum heads + stroked 5.0L of displacement on the sexy cocktail of 91-octane pump gas and oxygen @ 850' above sea level will give me.

Sooo.... no aero?

I still have my someday heart set on a '12-'14 5.0 - I really want an LS edition but the paint scheme kills me. It's atrocious. Wonder how expensive it would be to replicate or exceed LS parts on a regular GT?

A fresh coat of paint is all the aero I want at this point. #snark

Good luck on getting the Laguna Seca. You'd probably have to sell your house at this point -- waaay cheaper to build a replica.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    The Aase MR2 had 487hp. That's facts.
    That's cool, for some reason I never found that info before. Is it a lot for a DIY on the 3S-GTE engine? yes but people have done it....turbo lag is probably horrid though

When all you need to do is go fast in a straight line once, a lot of the difficulties of tuning a road engine go out the window. Engine responsiveness, lag, heat management, and even durability aren't much of a concern. It's not *all* that had to make a motor make 500hp for a minute or three. A guy I know does Bonneville in a c900 (actually has about a dozen records!) and he runs a 400hp c900 good for 170mph - it's very good at once it does, but probably wouldn't be much fun at a track day, if it could even survive one.