Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Death Stranding

Junior Potato

Death Stranding

Hideo Kojima gave the world a nice little gift during the The Game Awards ceremony. Finally a follow up to his weeeeeeeeird independent debut, including a part played by one of Scandinavia's best actors…

So many clues. What do they all mean?

https://youtu.be/Na1cIOmfBlU

(I wish I could add video tags easily on mobile but you're probably better off going to YouTube to watch it full screen anyway)

Junior Potato
    Why thank you my good man. It appears that the chubby guy at the start of the trailer may be Guillermo Del Toro.

Holy hell this game has intrigued me after this video.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I'm lazy, so here's a copy paste of my reply elsewhere.

I don't even really care what engine it is running, who's in it, when it is released, or what the game is even about - i'm just enjoying the heck out of these trailers! Love the music in the latest one too, want to buy but it's probably made just for the game.

Hideo really needs to make a movie - Metal Gear Solid games are pretty much one big one anyway...

Junior Potato
    Weird game is weird:

http://trib.al/qSEPEi3

Gist of the above story: play the old E3 trailer and the new trailer side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Hideo really needs to make a movie - Metal Gear Solid games are pretty much one big one anyway...
    This is the same thing I was just thinking, and have thought before. Was already going to post the same thing!

Looks really cool. So it's a PS4 exclusive that is potentially temporary?

Junior Potato
    I'd say there is next to zero chance that this will appear anywhere outside of the Sony platform. Kojima Productions is using the Decima game engine, which was built by Guerilla Games for their upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn, another PS4 exclusive. Guerilla and Kojima are entering into a resource sharing agreement, where Kojima gets to use the engine in exchange for Kojima opening a new studio alongside Guerilla, which will focus on developing and expanding on the engine's features. Guerilla even reportedly entrusted a copy of the source code to Hideo Kojima himself even before a contract was signed.

And furthermore the Decima engine was built from the ground-up solely to take advantage of the PS4's power, including the PS4 Pro. It's hands down the best solution available to Kojima Productions, considering they essentially lost all the work they did on the Fox engine after the great Konami shamozzle of 2015.

Junior Potato
    Another trailer for Death Stranding came out today. I can't even explain this at all.

So... just like any other Kojima game?