Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone gonna FF XV?

I should try that - it makes sense. I did some hunting missions last night that were a little beyond my ability and it was stressful. Got it done, but it felt lucky and not talented.

IIRC there is a skill or something that lets you learn about an enemy - I need to get that going, because I feel like my battles last night would have gone faster had I known how to fight.

Also, just put the game on easy mode, that's what I did. I have no gaming pride anymore, I just want to play through things

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah i'm getting that way too. I sometimes even cheat/Gran Turismo myself through the game in racing games (use walls/ai cars to help corner/brake etc).

What's happened to us.

I'm sorry guys, I'm afraid I can't do that.

I'm not quite the brazen Nightmare mode player I once was, but I just can't accept anything less than Normal and usually choose Hard if there's an option.

OTOH, I'm not once of those 100% seekers... eventually it will be Good Enough.

I have a late night tonight, I expect to put in a couple hours before I'm done for the day!

I'm the same TSG.

I've played/beaten most of the Souls games, and that's one of the most enjoyable victories I can remember in recent history. I usually keep it on normal, unless it's a sequel (like Civ 6) or something where I'm pretty comfortable with the controls, situation, and know pretty much what's going to happen.

Unless it's basketball/football. I leave those on normal, because I just want to dominate the other team!!!

I started feeling really bad last night - as I'm roaming around the desert it's clear the game wants me to kill spacehorses and megagiraffes and stuff, but they all seem like peaceful wildlife just doing what wildlife does. If you don't bug them, they leave you alone. I didn't sign up for Game of Big Game Hunter Thrones or whatever. Maybe I should not have moral dilemmas about this, but I do.

Eventually the game threw some flan at me, and I got my ass beat. Next time I fire it up, I'm going to have some aggression to take out.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    It's okay to have virtual moral dilemmas. If you look in the GTA V thread, i had one about replacing my level 50 character, so i did a photo send off for him. Still honestly feel bad about it.

That's good, because I am not killing spacehorses anymore. I might kill some megagiraffes, as apparently they are delicious. Hey, it's a crime with a point at least.

I sincerely appreciate the tip to watch the movie before playing the game. Lots of things make sense that wouldn't otherwise - I feel like they should have included the movie with the game. It seems that important.

I still feel that there is a little too much management in the game and increasingly like there is too much walking & driving, but they sort of nailed the combat. You can play the game how you want to play the game, and it never feels too easy or too hard. It's an amazing balance in my mind. It took me four or five tries to beat the flan (thankfully you can save almost anywhere) but I did it eventually, and it didn't feel like luck. I learned things through the first passes that when applied netted victory. That's a feel good.

I don't want to give the plot away, but there's a lot more stuff to fight now and last night I got into an epic battle. It started with a quest, but that quest was compromised when I got caught between a pack of the bony wolf things (I will never learn any of these names) and dualhorns (okay, I'll learn one) and a misplaced Tempest on a wolf angered a dualhorn. That made things difficult. Then the spaceships dumped four loads of robots on me. It took six or so game hours of non-stop fighting... it was incredible. Found what I was looking for, hoofed it back to the car since it was well past dark and was told "you can't drive when there are enemies present." I looked skywards for another ship, but then heard the burbling sound of a daemon. HELL NO. Queue Flock of Seagulls.

FFXV is definitely enjoyable - a good game purchase in my mind. Glad we're having some weather here so I can enjoy it guilt free.
    Last edited by thesameguy; December 16th, 2016 at 06:22 AM.

Sounds like this game would be a fun 4-player co-op buddy game.

I didn't know that there was a FF15 movie, so I went to look for it...
    They got some good voice actors.

Aaron Paul ... Nyx Ulric (voice)
    Lena Headey ... Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (voice)
    Sean Bean ... Regis Lucis Caelum (voice)
    So this guy dies?

A multiplayer FFXV would just be Diablo with more bickering.