Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 Season Compendium

And Adrian Sutil, too.

Even though he has the same amount of wins as Maldanado (Pastor's car wasn't as good either) Max is still unlikely to have peaked at 18.
    Based on the DNFs I'd say most are purely bad luck.
    Also, the Ferraris have him nowhere to go. I felt it was karma when Vettel stuffed it seconds later.

Still think Max is a twat, but within tolerance levels

Also, Kimi and RBR looked competitive, Hamilton could have easily finished off the podium
    if Vettel falls short 40 points I'll point to this incident

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Rosberg.
    I thought it was J. Villeneuve.

Fuck points in however many years. In this day and age, even Ayrton Senna won't be able to win shit in a less competitive car.

If a driver can seriously outshine his peers in the rain, that's something.

Max has that.

If Max didn't have all those DNFs and were still behind Ricciardo in points, then I think his bubbly career should burst right now.

I think Max is just at an odd situation right now. I really believe that Max could come close to reproduce what Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton or Vettel did had he been in their situations.

Anyway, let's wait and see.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    My personal judgement about Brazil 16 is that the RBRs were running grey-area suspension wizardry.
    acket.

I honestly don't remember what happen to Ricciardo in that race. Did something unfortunate happened to him which caused him to not able to capitalize on their awesome suspension? He also had his share of bad luck but it now appears that's over...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Fuck points in however many years. In this day and age, even Ayrton Senna won't be able to win shit in a less competitive car.

If a driver can seriously outshine his peers in the rain, that's something.

Max has that.

If Max didn't have all those DNFs and were still behind Ricciardo in points, then I think his bubbly career should burst right now.

I think Max is just at an odd situation right now. I really believe that Max could come close to reproduce what Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton or Vettel did had he been in their situations.

Anyway, let's wait and see.
    Senna won a lot of races in a far less competitive car and Max's teammate has won in the same car. I think max has the potential to be a really good driver but his fanboys really need to do some fact checking before posting the hyperbolic rubbish they're prone to spraying about.

Anyway, I'd hardly call myself his fanboy... I didn't credit his 1st RB win that much, but he did catch my attention during the rain in Brazil.

I think the main problems now are these bunch of DNFs.

His supporters moan that he couldn't get a break (But this kid probably caught the most awesome break entering into F1 being the youngers ever winner).

His haters felt like he deserved every DNF...

We need to smooth out these peaks and valleys in order to truly determine his skill level.

When did a Max fanboy post here? Or are you referring to another forum you frequent?

Maybe you are mistakenly referring to me? I merely posted how superlative his career has been at such a young age. And then several people who apparently dislike certain drivers started piling on.

I merely pointed out he's had some bad luck. Probably could be fighting for a championship with some better equipment.

That's all I'm saying.

Apparently you all disagree. Time will tell.