Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 Season Compendium

Old view

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I don't respect him enough to learn it properly.
    Whys that? He's a decent driver who held his position on merit rather than bankroll. Not a great but good enough to take the world championship when the opportunity presented. He's always been pretty easy going, loyal and doesn't take himself too seriously nor does he go out of his way to undermine others. He's not my favorite driver but I'm not seeing why someone would dislike him so much that they would think knowing his name would be a step too far.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    Whys that? He's a decent driver who held his position on merit rather than bankroll. Not a great but good enough to take the world championship when the opportunity presented. He's always been pretty easy going, loyal and doesn't take himself too seriously nor does he go out of his way to undermine others. He's not my favorite driver but I'm not seeing why someone would dislike him so much that they would think knowing his name would be a step too far.
    The name thing was tongue in cheek banter with Blerpa.

I came to F1 in 2005, and I've been told that I missed the endearing part of his career. From my seat all I see is a sniveling whiner that backed into a WDC because Brawn made the right gamble with that double diffuser. I just have zero patience for him when he starts pissing and moaning. Most guys I dislike in their careers I'd love to have a beer with and can appreciate as humans. JB is just a smug dipshit I hope to never to see again.

Administrator
    I also enjoy the fact that every time you hear him over the radio when he's driving, it sounds like someone screaming into a particularly poorly maintained McDonald's drive through stand.

Can't say I know of any driver who doesn't sound like a sniveling whiner (think Kimi has become the worst offener this year)
    JB just did it with his jaw clenched

Vettel is cheeky and fun with his whining.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    The name thing was tongue in cheek banter with Blerpa.

I came to F1 in 2005, and I've been told that I missed the endearing part of his career. From my seat all I see is a sniveling whiner that backed into a WDC because Brawn made the right gamble with that double diffuser. I just have zero patience for him when he starts pissing and moaning. Most guys I dislike in their careers I'd love to have a beer with and can appreciate as humans. JB is just a smug dipshit I hope to never to see again.
    Not sure if he had any endearing part of his career, unless you count his lazy playboy image as endearing? Anyway, surely he endured a lot to get to where he is.

Pretty decent driver, but always getting passed over by the team bosses. Williams loaned them to Benetton/Renault for Montoya... and Renault later got rid of him for test driver named Alonso... suffered probably more so than what Alonso is going thru now in the slow BAR Honda for years... until that double diffuser break.

Still, Button has proven to be faster than his teammate in order to capitalize this gift and win the championship. He has also proven that he can almost be as fast as Hamilton without creating a huge rivalry within the team...

As for whining, yeah, who on the grid doesn't whine?

If you just don't like his face, then I suppose there's nothing he can do about that...

Who else would you hire to take place of Alonso at Monaco if you're the boss at McLaren? (Let's ignore the fact that Jenson is already on McLaren's payroll...)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Lance Stroll swapping ends under SC?

acket.

Massa sucks. Thanks for ruining the moment we spent 20 laps building up to, turd.