Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 Season Compendium

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    As for the youngest driver in F1, it really has to do, as in the case of Lance Stroll, the pressure either of their fathers put on the teams to grant them the race seat. Of course it's for different reasons, but the circumstances are similar. In the case of MV it was give him race seat or he walks and with LS it was give him race seat or his money walks.
    acket.

If I have any hatred towards MV it's because he's wasting his potential and on top of that being a sniveling baby. I want him to succeed but at this pace he'll be marched out of the paddock before his potential is realized.

I hated Button and Webber. I don't hate Max.

Good lord. "Sniveling baby" describes half the field on any given sunday. Depending on who offended them that race.

Highly unlikely he'll be marched out of the paddock. His "zero results" keep piling up. Overdriving the car is hilarious to me btw. The car is nearly impossible to overdrive. The settings on the car are dictated by the pits. They tell the driver what to set things at and when to change the settings during the race. So when the car breaks (other than killing it by driving over curbs etc or over driving the tires to the point they fail) it's unlikely it's due to the driver giving it too much. Telemetry would alert the crew who would then reprimand the driver.
    Last edited by JoeW; September 18th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Sure thing, mate. You're right. He's the perfect gentleman who has been screwed by some cosmic unkindness. Lets all pray for him now as he has been washed of all accountability.

Don't try and sell me that all the good things about his career are solely his doing and all the bad are out of his hands. I'm not buying.

But in general it's difficult to make comparisons, for example, by his fourth season, Jim Clark had 11 fastest laps and 13 pole positions; Alain Prost took 8 fastest laps and 10 pole positions; Vettel had 6 FLs and 15 poles; While Max Verstappen has 1 and 0, respectively.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; September 18th, 2017 at 11:34 AM.
    acket.

And it'd really be tough to justify if Checo Pérez were to finish ahead in WDC standings.
    acket.

Now see there you go...some history buffs. Thank you.

"Don't try and sell me that all the good things about his career are solely his doing and all the bad are out of his hands. I'm not buying."

Oh come on...this can be said of anyone on the grid.

I'm not saying he's not accountable...I'm saying he's just now 19 yrs old. Literally just a kid. These experiences will teach lessons...just as they have taught us all. I mean shit, that's just out of High School. I would think that all rich 17 yr olds with a F1 racing license probably start out as an asshole.

Not sure how old most of the big name stars were when they started in the high pressure, high profile, high dollar world of F1. But as a comparison, let's see how much Stroll has done in a couple years and we can run a comparison there.

"Oh come on...this can be said of anyone on the grid."

Absolutely true and why I usually don't engage in this stuff. I just want you to understand that I'm not a H8R!!! and I want him to succeed. There is a lot to being an F1 driver on and off the track and so far the only tool in his box is driving talent. If he wants to be a shitheel on the radio and in the media he needs to at least participate in a championship fight for me to take him seriously. As it is I see him as incredibly petulant and very difficult to root for.

Point system was different in the old days.

Anyhow, Verstappen is talented and he rightly speaks as it should be spoken in F1: nice guys don't win championships, aside from Jenson Button and Lucky Boy (which is actually a fucker, IMO, but nevermind).
    You gotta be a motherfucker, with a big ego and ready to tussle it. People in the past have done and said far worse. Just leave him be.

And can we please stop with has-been Kubica still linked to a F1 comeback? He won a lucky race and never really showed championship potential, but suddenly he is almost a legendary as Sutil long lost prospects or Hulkenberg early days.
    Fuck that noise, he is old, overrated, with some possible impedements... heck, I'd rather see Zanardi try out a F1 car than the polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Point system was different in the old days.
    Dude, did you even read my post? I avoided points and went for other indicators instead!
    acket.