Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 F1 Season Compendium

I think what Williams really needs is a better head designer. Their car, year after year, is short on downforce and mechanical grip. They used to at least be able to turn it into good results at highspeed tracks like Canada and Italy, but now theydon't even have that. Even when they managed to have some good sessions, they admitted they had no idea why. They're a waste of Mercedes engines now.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia Toro Rosso
    For the next Grands Prix, Pierre Gasly will be driving for Scuderia Toro Rosso, standing in for Daniil Kvyat, alongside Carlos Sainz. Gasly, one of the Red Bull Junior Programme drivers, has been racing in Japan this year in the Super Formula category. The 2016 GP2 Champion finished second in last Sunday's race, having won the two previous rounds. The 21 year old will therefore get his chance to prove himself in F1. This is not a case of goodbye for our Daniil, as he still remains part of the Red Bull Family.
    acket.

With the lack of upcoming drivers in the Red Bull Academy ready for F1 other than Gasly, could Red Bull really be planning to leave F1 in the next few years? If that's the case then they could be on the verge of ditching or selling off one of the teams, either to private hands or perhaps even to Porsche. This would mean one, maybe both Verstappen and Ricciardo moving on, but not for a while yet. Sainz is moving to Renault for two years at least is the general consensus, so that leaves a seat at TR. I suspect, from what TR have said, Danil and Pierre will both be at Toro Rosso next season.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That's my take as well. They've written off this season and they want to be on an upswing for when they sell STR.
    acket.

I wish this were real. (It could be, dunno, found it on Jalopnik)

It's clearly fake. Carbon Fibre parts and the damage would cost way more than that.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I like the Sepang Circuit....hope we'll see it back on the calendar soon

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    It's clearly fake. Carbon Fibre parts and the damage would cost way more than that.
    That was my suggestion too.

Ferrari not only needs to supply more reliable engines, but also need to redesign cars with very short tails for Vettel...

Anyway, McLaren Hondas seems to be more and more on pace... I guess Honda needs a divorce in order to get their act together...

So, that Verstappen kid apparently drove pretty well...

The announcers during FP2 confirmed my thoughts that today's cars can't be "over driven" which basically confirms that he's just had some shit luck this year.
    Last edited by JoeW; October 2nd, 2017 at 01:06 PM.