Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam & Lori's 2017 Subaru Forester

Well, on the upside since it was a special order and they wouldn't budge on the price nobody else bought it out from under you in the last 30 days!

It seems that Frosta has become Lori's car and Deedee is my car. That's what always happens anyway. Lori buys something new and I get her cast-offs.

I'm OK with that. Deedee is lighter and more powerful.

#househusband #coilovers

Wood tools > Car mods

With some ingenuity, you can have both!

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/04/...4711492011543/
    Whoomah!

Of course it's Canadian too.

In such a remote, harsh climate, you have to be resourceful.

After a few months of ownership, I feel qualified to write a short review. I can only fairly compare it to the last two cars I owned, Deedee (2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport) and Dexter (1990 Honda Accord Coupe). Both of those cars were somewhat small, somewhat sporty cars. They felt good to me with adequate power and nice handling. Frosta is luxurious in comparison, with ample room, even for us tall people. It's the only car I can remember where I don't have the driver's seat all the way back! I have not been in the back seat since testing it during the buying process, but it seemed roomy too. The seats are comfy. I think it will be good for long drives. It has all the comforts you would expect in a modern car. It feels solidly built and I think it looks pretty good... but certainly not distinctive. I wish we could have gotten a brighter colour. There are more colours available on Subaru's sporty models. I think the colours should be available on all models. Oh well.

Most of the miles on the odo have been Lori commuting to work. I rarely drive it unless we are going shopping or out somewhere together, like a movie. Although, we are driving to Greenville today, so that should be a small test of its road-trip capability. According to the telemetry screen, we get about 22 mpg city. We do not have enough data for highway. The Forester is heavier, obviously, and the suspension seems softer. It has less power than Deedee. All these things combined has Frosta feeling sluggish. The price you pay for comfort!

My biggest problem with the car seems to be the ECU. It seems like it is constantly changing the performance of the engine, leading to inconsistent throttle response. Not only that, sometimes the engine stays spinning at a certain RPM when changing gears. For example, I accelerate away from a light or whatever, and go to change gears at say, 4,000 RPM. When I push in the clutch and let my foot off the gas pedal, the RPM stays at 4,000 for 1-2 seconds. It only happens occasionally, and only above about 3,500 RPM. There is a display for the throttle sensor on the in-dash screen and it shows as a percentage. It happens even when the throttle sensor says "0%". This does not seem normal to me. I will discuss it with the service dept. at the dealership when Frosta gets her first service. I have no doubt they will be like, "Nothing's wrong."

Overall, I am happy with the car so far. It is as expected; comfortable and functional, but nothing special.

Sounds like it has Rev matching?

It could be for emissions. Lots of cars will hang engine speed without throttle input to ensure a clean burn of whatever's already in the pipe.