Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Cam & Lori's 2017 Subaru Forester

When Lori was involved in the collision, Frosta came to rest against the front bumper of another vehicle that was waiting at the intersection. That vehicle was driven by a lawyer. His car was not even damaged. There might have been a scratch on the bumper. Now he's suing Lori for damages for injuries, mental stress, etc. WTF? He was not hurt and Frosta barely touched his car, a large SUV. I was talking with him after the collision. He was perfectly fine.

Piece of shit.

Really. How's that even possible? Lori was hit by a red light runner, laywer guy should go after the person at fault.

I should not write too much publicly, but the police report partially faulted her for the collision; she turned left in front of an oncoming car. The fact that the other driver ran a red is irrelevant. The other driver was not insured. The lawyer is claiming up to our liability limit. This tells me it's just business for him. It's nothing personal against Lori. He just wants what he can get from our insurance company. He's still slime.

Wait, I misunderstood. There is not a lawsuit yet. The lawyer guy is making a demand to our insurance company for damages.

I *highly* recommend everyone have a dashcam on always.

It has save me over 10k in what would have been coined as *at fault*

Dashcams are vital nowadays. I assume, of course, that everyone here is not in the wrong.

Check out what goes on on HK roads here: https://youtube.com/@hkpkdriving

At the very least it will save you from obvious attempts at insurance scams.

Some states are no fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Wait, I misunderstood. There is not a lawsuit yet. The lawyer guy is making a demand to our insurance company for damages.
    We were informed by our insurance company that this demand has been settled. No details about how it was settled. :shrug: