Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam & Lori's 2017 Subaru Forester

Dealership called last week to cancel my appointment. "Our machine is broken." They said they would call back to reschedule once it is fixed. Our AC has been broken for two months.

Called back today to get an update because summer is here. Forecast says upwards of 100F this week-end. Their machine is still broken and they are waiting on parts. "We were told two days two weeks ago." Ooookay... They are the only Subaru dealership within 90 miles. Called a dealership in Augusta. Got transferred to service, but no answer. WTF? Called a dealer in Charleston. "Give us your VIN and we'll call you back." Called a dealer in Charlotte. "We can get you in today." We could not do today, but we are going tomorrow.

The Columbia, Charleston and Augusta dealerships have no (Subaru) competition. Charlotte has three Subaru dealerships. Seems like Charlotte is trying harder to do good customer service. :shrug:
    Last edited by Cam; May 19th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.

I'd tease you but we just found out the AC is out on the MINI.

:sadhorn:

OK, I take what I said about customer service back. Arrived at 10:00 am for a 10:30 appointment. I made better time on the 90 mile drive than anticipated. I was given a loaner and told that I would be called in a couple of hours. They parked Frosta out back near the service door. I went to the NASCAR Hall of Lame, then had lunch to kill a few hours. Arrived back at the dealership about three hours later. The service rep said that he would go get an update for me. I could see Frosta was parked in the same spot as when I left, but that does not necessarily mean it had not moved. The service rep came back and said that they were still working on getting the AC compressor off and that it would be another hour or so.

I am too nice. I did not say anything, despite the realization that they had not touched my car in the three hours I was gone and that he was lying to my face. Me giving the guy grief would not help me get my car fixed. I said that I would wait, despite them offering me the loaner again. I figured they would get it done quicker if they knew I was actually waiting there for it. It took them an over an hour to get back to me and was told they are charging it. Another 20 minutes or so later, it was ready. By this time, it was 3 pm. I should have been home already. I look forward to being asked to review my service appointment with this dealer.

The AC worked nicely all the way home.

Ah, hell...that's just life, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cam
    [While in Charlotte,] I went to the NASCAR Hall of Lame
    Glad you found something to do in my former hometown. It's a dull, boring place.

I may be back in your fair state in September. I'll PM you if so to give you the opportunity to get out of town that week/weekend.

The more I get out of town, the more I believe Columbia is uninteresting. Although, I will never be bored, as long as I have video games.

Lori and I drove to Nova Scotia to visit my family. We just got home. We drove just under 4000 miles (6400 km) on the trip. Burned about a quart of oil.

That's a bit disappointing. I had thought that Subaru had gotten past their oil consumption issues as of ~2016.

Yeah, it's not surprising. Friends here with an Outback say it burned oil from new. I do not remember the Impreza having that problem.

A couple of years ago, we were on a camping trip in the Forester and the oil light came on. Found a service station to get some emergency oil. Ever since then, I've carried a quart in the car. Normally, we get the car's oil changed often enough that is not an issue. We do not put a lot of miles on the car; less than 10,000 miles a year. This was an extended trip, just after me driving to Ohio and back the week previous. Basically, we put 5,000 miles on it in the last three weeks. I have to go back to Ohio again next week.

Other than time and cost, is there really a major issue if cars use more, rather than less, oil? Serious question.