Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam & Lori's 2017 Subaru Forester

Averaged 31 mpg today on a ~5 hour drive.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    It could be for emissions. Lots of cars will hang engine speed without throttle input to ensure a clean burn of whatever's already in the pipe.
    Was about to say exactly this.

My dad's Forester has inconsistent throttle as well, in both accel and decel. I always thought it was a CVT mapping/response issue. It's one thing to live with less engine braking on decel than you expect, it's another to have a lot less throttle response than you expect when pulling into traffic.

500 freakin' miles on the odo and someone does a parking lot hit-n-run.

IMG_0123.JPG

Savage AF.

That sucks! I guess that's what UIM policies are for, though.

Haters gonna hate.

Years of street parking in Chicago have numbed me to bumper damage that doesn't result in holes or the bumper hanging off :/

I discussed the throttle/revs issue with the service representative a while ago. He responded, "They all do that, even the WRXes." He could not tell me why though. Moog from Mighty Car Mods bitched about this problem in a video about his Forester. If I take my foot off the accelerator, I expect my car to slow down.

We drove Frosta to Nova Scotia, then to Ontario and back a few weeks ago. In total it was about 6,700 km (4,200 miles.) Fuel economy varied wildly from day to day. Just going by the on-board computer, the average fuel economy for the entire trip was about 7.8 L/100km or about 30 mpg. I did not track real numbers. Our first couple of days driving we averaged 33-34 mpg, then the third day, it dropped significantly to about 28 mpg. Long days in the cockpit were comfortable, for the most part. The seats are pretty good and it has loads of leg room. It rides nice. What can I say, the Forester is good, but it sure is bland and unexciting.

Realistically, I assume 10L/100km. (550km per fillup) from my 2016 2.0L 5door Impreza. The best I'll get for the display estimate plus mileage travelled since last fillup for the 55L tank is 800km or about 6.9L/100km. But that may require travelling downhill a lot. (E.g. 401 down Guelph Line to Burlington).
    Last edited by SportWagon; June 8th, 2018 at 10:28 AM.