Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Kia Stinger

2018 Kia Stinger

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

http://www.thecurveahead.net/

In principle, I'm on board.

In my opinion the foundations of the design are well done, but the added too many baubles in the form of scoops and vents and whatnots. It also seems like it will be a little big for my tastes... approximately the same size as a Merc CLS, and bigger than all the cars Kia lists as its potential competitors. And I'm worried about what its curb weight will be, as Hyundai and Kia are not yet known for their ingenious weight-saving strategy (ie: Mazda). If this thing weighs 4500lbs, then there's no point, IMO.

Alas, I fear it is doomed. It's, once again, the car everyone SAYS they want, but the car nobody buys. (G8, SS, etc.)

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I like very much (save for the centre console, which sadly reminds me of Mercs). But I don't need a car like this, save as a single replacement for the Legacy and the BRZ, both of which do not need to be replaced.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; January 12th, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

Looks good, like the name
    agree with it being doomed like the G8, SS, ...

Looks like a Ford Fusion.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Reminds me a bit of the Genesis Coupe as in, it doesn't feel proportioned correctly in the front end.

Again, people who want a "nice" car aren't looking at Kia's for the most part yet, they still have the stigma of a cheap/value brand.

Having said that, the 2017 Cadenza is VERY nice

The thing is people want a large, powerful, rear wheel drive sporty sedan or coupe, but they just don't want one that weighs more than 3300lbs.

It would be interesting to see Mazda make a go at a category like this, just to see what is possible weight wise.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    It can weigh more than 3300 pounds, you just need to have 500+hp

I kinda like it. Looks like they tried to make a 4-door Genesis coupe. I just don't know where it's going to fit in the Hyundai/Kia lineups. They already have a mid-to-large size RWD sedan.

My understanding is that this is mostly their attempt to subsidize the engineering and production of their more expensive RWD sedans on the same platform.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That sounds likely. Seems like it's a 1st gen CTS all over again - too big to be a 3-series, too cheap to be a 5-series. Cast a wide net, see what to shore up in the 2nd gen.