Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Kia Stinger

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Speaking of the Genesis, if they'd through the sedan's V8 in the Coupe, I'd buy one a minute later.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The thing is people want a large, powerful, rear wheel drive sporty sedan or coupe, but they just don't want one that weighs more than 3300lbs.

It would be interesting to see Mazda make a go at a category like this, just to see what is possible weight wise.
    I'd held out hope that Mazda would have stretched the RX-8 platform a bit and built an RX-9 as a sport sedan. I think that would have made the platform viable long term - sport sedans have a much longer shelf life than sports cars.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    In case you haven't seen it, here's the 2017 Cadenza:

I'm liking it. Looks great, numbers are great, if the execution of the handling and subjective soft stuff is good (and given who they've headhunted it should be) then it should be a really good car. Hoping it does well as the world is missing a 'cheap bmw' these days

Cheap BMW with Asian car reliability FTW

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The thing is people want a large, powerful, rear wheel drive sporty sedan or coupe, but they just don't want one that weighs more than 3300lbs.

It would be interesting to see Mazda make a go at a category like this, just to see what is possible weight wise.
    I don't think the people who actually buy/lease them care much about the weight. They don't seem to be having any issues with buying 3900 lb Audi S4s and 3600 lb M3/4, let alone 4800-5000 lb S63/S65 AMG.

I would also like to see Mazda take a crack at it, but unless they partner with an established luxury brand, we probably never will since Mazda's low volumes are tough on development without luxury margins or partners.

Junior Potato
    Plus Mazda's ties with Ford speak volumes (!) about their product planning.

And I'm super supportive of both Kia and Hyundai increasing both the reliability, scope, and desirability of their range. I'm all for it, because maybe it'll push the established Japanese brands out of the complacency they've built around themselves over the last 20 years. Only Honda and Mazda do anything interesting at the low-mid end of their range anymore.

Looks passably sharp.

The size of the KIA badges are obnoxious (especially on the steering wheel).

Price matters.

The size looks good, roomy. I don't know how it stacks up against zee Germans current offerings but most U.S. buyers buy German based on badge / interiors. KIA isn't a "good" buy in that light.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    most U.S. buyers buy German based on badge / interiors. KIA isn't a "good" buy in that light.
    If it's half the price then it might be worth it.

Well Dodge Chargers are cheaper than BMW's of equal girth but it's a tough sell to someone who can comfortably afford the Bimmer to save even more of their massive paycheck to drive the Mopar.

But KIA is building this car so their math has been done on the subject. #shrug