Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Le Mans / IMSA

GTLM stole the show for the last two hours, really entertaining race. The endless stream of cautions overnight was tedious, but it setup a fight at the end where I think 7 different cars were on the lead lap in the last hour.

Was pulling for Risi from the start, thought it would have been cool for a team that brought one car to get the better of the Ford Fleet. Calado was a beast and deserved more. Was really nice to see Not_Corvette come away with the win this year. Crazy seeing the 4 just shut off all alone, no one to blame but themselves.
    Hopefully BMW will race next year, missed having them at the track in 2017.

Coverage was good. The full package was bogged down with interviews (lets talk to some NASCAR driver that ran this race once 15 years ago, came in 30th, but hey, he's on the phone) and team reps talking about their sponsors for 3 minutes a piece while on track action is ignored. The overnight coverage on FS2 was actually the best, with the IMSA Radio folks swapping stories and seeming to have a good time. Makes me excited to go to NCM and watch the commercial free feed in the theater.

One dude, Mcdavid I think, at about 2am utterly destoryed the BMW Art Car, calling it out for being 'dreadful' and 'not a Warhol, at all.' Which is great, because it was terrible.

Wayne Taylor racing are a collection of shit stains so this result doesn't surprise me. If they're going to get a win at least it's tainted. It's on IMSA for allowing it, should've been a drive-thru penalty, don't just let it slide because they cheated at the end. Shocked the team with J.Gordon wasn't penalized...

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I also think that IMSA is still trying to be careful after their penalty call on Level 5 in the final minutes of the Rolex in the first race of the combined series, and then the reversal after the race.

I believe BMW has all but said they'll be back in 2018 with the same new GTLM/GTE car they'll have in the WEC. "M8" is the rumor.

IMSA Radio/Radio Le Mans is always infinitely better, but watching online sucked because they'd just randomly throw commercials in with no warning, regardless of what was going on on track. And all the commercials would be for shit reality shows, left over from Speed Channel, that I didn't even know still existed.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Yeah, same was actually happening on air, they'd just cut too a commercial mid-conversation during the RLM hours.

Strange, I don't remember hearing any commercials for shows.

Or do you mean Fox Sports Go?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Overnight on FS1 or maybe it was FS2 cable station. It was like 1 or 2 am I think when I was watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Yeah, same was actually happening on air, they'd just cut too a commercial mid-conversation during the RLM hours.
    Yup. Was really enjoying that interview with the Porsche exec and then they just bombed right out of it mid sentence. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    I also think that IMSA is still trying to be careful after their penalty call on Level 5 in the final minutes of the Rolex in the first race of the combined series, and then the reversal after the race.
    Yeah not to mention the non calls on the #5 & #31 for the previous two restarts which they could've easily done, so I think it was the correct non penalty for the #10 too.

That said, that bump and resulting spin combined with the #911 falling off at the end was rather deflating after the previous 60 minutes.

As admirably level-headed as that is, imagine the rage and tears WTR would've had if it were the other way around. They would have been throwing things into the pit lane, and this time it would be hard to fault them.