Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When the 'stealership' label is all too real

I wonder if Toyota is doing what VW is doing - with VW you plug the diagnostic module into the car, and then the computer talks to Germany and then Germany tells you what to do. You may not deviate for warranty work! While I was getting the keys for the Saab the service manager told a customer "Unfortunately we can't do warranty work on the weekend because Germany is closed." ROFL!

I wouldn't count chickens until they're hatched, but I also summarily don't trust dealerships. Good luck and Godspeed (to your employee)!

Quote Originally Posted by pl8ster View Post
    I said that if the new ignition relay worked, I might take the receipt from the garage to the dealership, along with their repair quote, and have the service manager try and explain it. Wonder if it would be worth the trouble to try and get the $130 diagnostic fee refunded?
    I most certainly would. After a couple of days to verify the local shop's fix worked.
    edit: also $4600 is like 1/2 the value of that car.
    Last edited by 21Kid; January 17th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I wonder if Toyota is doing what VW is doing - with VW you plug the diagnostic module into the car, and then the computer talks to Germany and then Germany tells you what to do. You may not deviate for warranty work! While I was getting the keys for the Saab the service manager told a customer "Unfortunately we can't do warranty work on the weekend because Germany is closed." ROFL!

I wouldn't count chickens until they're hatched, but I also summarily don't trust dealerships. Good luck and Godspeed (to your employee)!
    I had a co-worker who had a 1st gen VW CC that was having problems with the rear window defroster not working. The dealership threw expensive parts at it before eventually figuring out that it was due to a bad ground. Fortunately, it was under warranty at the time.