Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Low, or lower-end audio. Or middle. But not high.

I never thought about controlling iTunes through an apple device as I've never tried it. Yes, I guess he could do that, and do so via a speaker of his choice. Much depends kn whether he wants WiFi and multi-room. Since I assume you guys all live in houses with 12 rooms and pretty big walk-in showers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    George, you already own an iPhone, you already own a PC. Just download iTunes to that PC, sign into your Apple account to pair the phone to it, import your USB music into iTunes (I recommend first copying the whole lot to the HDD to avoid messing up your file structure on the USB drive) and boom. You can connect to iTunes on the PC via wifi, and the PC can send your music out of Windows via whatever option you want.
    This is exactly what I've been hoping is possible.

I already have iTunes on that very PC, as described in another thread about my failed (so far) attempts to commandeer an iPad as if I had stolen it (but I didn't).

I recommend first copying the whole lot to the HDD
    Yes. It's all there already because that's the PC I rip CDs on, and I have it all on a removable hard drive also. And a bunch of it on a USB stick or three also.

Just download iTunes to that PC, sign into your Apple account to pair the phone to it
    This seems perfect so far.

Let's say my PC is in the basement of Guard House 4 on the southwestern frontier of my estate.

I'm about to step into the walk-in shower in the Primary Residence Building and I have my iPhone in my hand. It is connected to the same wifi network as the PC.

You're saying I can browse my music on the PC from the phone, and then cause the phone to broadcast it somehow (whether bluetooth or wifi) to a nearby wireless speaker?

That would solve all (well, one) of my First World Problems. Do I have to download an app to the phone to connect to the PC? iTunes, maybe? It's not currently installed but I know where to get it.

It looks like iTunes Remote is the app for me. Iíll download it tomorrow. Bedtime now. Thanks gents.

Enjoy, also enjoy having saved money!

I do recommend looking into streaming services though. Sometimes they have exclusive online only recordings/streams, including from bands that you may both like. Not to mention podcasts etc. Obviously there will probably be alternative ways of obtaining the files, but they may well fall foul of the law and are probably more bother than they are worth (which I suspect is the main reason piracy is not, apparently, as big of an issue as it used to be).

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It looks like iTunes Remote is the app for me. I’ll download it tomorrow. Bedtime now. Thanks gents.
    No! Get out of bed! Get down and boogie!

Just be sure to have both your PC and iTunes signed into your Apple account. For instructions use the iTunes help menu and search for 'remote'. Home Sharing is the easiest way to do it (in iTunes click File > Home Sharing). If it doesn't work first time, just turn home sharing off (in both Remote app and iTunes settings) then on again.