Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Has Lost its Goddamn Mind

I have been watching Trans Am. Both new and vintage races. It is EXACTLY what I always wanted NASCAR to be. Tube chassis series based on production cars that run on road courses and isn't scared of the rain. It's awesome.

I also watch the (cut down) V8 Supercars we get here in the states. Wasn't taking anything away from that. Just taking away from NASCAR.

Maybe they want things to be all EXTREME and IN YOUR FACE(hello 2004 calling) since Monster is now the series sponsor.
    The "franchise" system is another bunch of shit.

After falling out of love with Motorsports for the most part, I've got really into this seasons Nascar - specifically the Cup and Truck series. Admittedly, I was into Nascar early 2000s but paid no attention to it since then, and I love it! Is it just me in the entire GTXF that's following it?

I don't follow current NASCAR at all. I'll put it on in the background if I'm doing something and just want some noise, but I haven't sat down and watched a race straight through in years. Certainly not since they started this contrived stage format.

What I have been doing is watching a few retrospective NASCAR channels on Youtube. For some reason it's scratching an incredible itch for me. Stuff like this:

S1apSh0es who makes those videos is my favorite, Black Flags Matter also has some good ones.

Thanks - subbed to those so will make sure I watch them. Given I'm 'new' to this, my first toe dip is stages, which is my norm - I know no different. But, it's certainly a sport - given how much I'm into it - I want to learn more about.

Must say; I think the Trucks are the better ticket for the whole Nascar show.

Well, it took longer than I expected, but NASCAR's hilariously bad playoff bullshit finally gave them a winless champion. Yes, that's right, a team won a RACING CHAMPIONSHIP BY WINNING ZERO RACES.

Holy shit does NASCAR suck now.

https://jalopnik.com/matt-crafton-pl...won-1839957483

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    That was never impossible under any system though.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

That's exactly the the point. Matt Kenseth won the championship with only one race win, and this was during peak NASCAR, where everyone and their fucking dog was suddenly watching stockcar racing, and all of the stick-n-ball sports fans were whining about that even being possible. So NASCAR lost their mind trying to appeal to average joes, and specifically started The Chase, the playoffs, and all the various bullshit tweaks and systems, to "reward the winners."

And now they have a champion with no wins.