View Poll Results: How does the Trump reign end?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serves two full terms

2 5.26%
  • Defeated by Democrats (or an independent) next election

9 23.68%
  • Defeated by a Republican next election

1 2.63%
  • Changes the rules to serve beyond two terms

1 2.63%
  • Impeached

13 34.21%
  • Resigns

5 13.16%
  • Assassinated

1 2.63%
  • Dies by some other means (heart attack, car crash, auto erotic asphyxiation, etc)

6 15.79%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The End of Trump Poll

I don't know. I really think we need to modify the system a bit to stop investigating a sitting president during his term(s), unless he, as a president, did some obvious disservice to the country. All these possible investigations can be put in a 'que', ready to go at him/her after he or she served his or her term(s). Let the president do his/her job please! If anything, investigate/background check candidates more. Those who cannot resolve conflict of interest issues or tangled up with legal issues or refuse to publicize how much taxes paid, shouldn't even be allowed to run in the 1st place... Get your shit in order before you even put somebody on the ballot. It makes no sense that in our current system, a convicted felon cannot vote, but can actually run for public office. Isn't that absurd?

What we have is kinda backwards. Any Tom Donald or Stanley can run for president... and then once in office, we try to do all that crap to prevent him from doing his job... it's just not good for the country. Investigate them before or after their terms. It's good enough that we voters are aware of a president is having sex with interns... or perhaps had Russian help to win his office..., but unless we catch them in the act of committing treason in office, I really think we should just leave them alone to do what they're elected to do.

Speaking out can be done before elections, once in office, try to work together and do what you're elected to do. Of course if a politician is clearly DOING something illegal on the job, that's a different story.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 24th, 2018 at 09:50 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    unless he, as a president, did some obvious disservice to the country.
    Come on! The fucker conspired with an enemy government to destroy national interests and institutions. His only saving grace is that we're not at the "beyond reasonable doubt" point.

Yet.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Yeah, if you submit it now and lose, then when you get really big infringements and want to start it again you're going to struggle than if you had waited.
    +1

Does the final report from the Special Counsel include a recommended course of action?
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    What’s the point in bringing it up without the support to follow through? They don’t have the numbers in the House, and the worst thing Trump has done that we *know* about is some relatively minor campaign financing violations. Democrats *shouldn’t* move towards impeachment until we have more solid proof of misdeeds (which are likely coming soon). It sets a bad precedent to file articles of impeachment on what’s out there right now. I’m not a huge Pelosi fan, but it’s the right move right now. Play patience until you have a stronger case.
    Bill Clinton got impeached for less

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Come on! The fucker conspired with an enemy government to destroy national interests and institutions. His only saving grace is that we're not at the "beyond reasonable doubt" point.

Yet.
    Fucker shouldn't be on the ballot in the first place! However, once IN office, it's a disservice to the country if we have to constantly "doubt" and handicap our elected leader. Investigation to prove beyond reasonable doubt might take longer than 4 years. Might as well just let him do his job for 4 years and see if he would really collude with the Russians even while on the job! Constant in-fighting is just not good.

Take Bill Clinton for example. So what if he was impeached? Still wasn't removed from office. Our government simply spent enormous amount of resources fighting each other while getting nothing done. Yeah, it's bad to fuck around with an intern on the job, but was that investigation/impeachment really worth it, even if you were a Republican?

Likewise, it's probably more worthwhile for democrats to focus more on doing a better job and grooming better candidates to be able to defeat future fuckers on the ballots then to focus pretty much all of their energy on fighting Trump now. You just can't win... because you'll either fail to remove Trump... or you'll successfully remove Trump but conservative voters will end up hating you more and they'll vote for some other fucker again.

In auto racing, we can inspect the car before or after a race. We don't ask racers to come in during the race to pit so that we can inspect the car to see if it's legal, right? Unless it's so obvious that the car has some serious trouble and it's obvious that the racer should just stop and pull over... Anyway, Trump should not be allowed to race in the 1st place. We need to raise the bar a bit before putting people on ballots. However, since he's already out on track, I think we should just let him finish... and inspect his car and lock him up later.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 24th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Bill Clinton got impeached for less
    He wasn’t removed from office, though. If the goal is to remove Trump from office, you need to have a really solid case to convince 2/3 of the Senate to convict. If the goal is to simply make noise and look like whiny idiots, then sure, let’s go for impeachment now. I wouldn’t look to the Clinton impeachment for inspiration, personally.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Fuck impeachment, fuck indictment (for now).

I absolutely do NOT want to see him impeached. Let all this shit take it's course. I would LOVE to see him get utterly destroyed in 2020. Then when the new person is sworn in, they hand him his papers and walk him out with handcuffs.

As it stands with the ratio of Republican to Democrat, an impeachment bid would be premature. Jason is correct. They'd basically be blowing their load before even sticking it in, and it will be a one-shot chance.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I would LOVE to see him get utterly destroyed in 2020. Then when the new person is sworn in, they hand him his papers and walk him out with handcuffs.
    This seems to be looking more and more likely now ...

Administrator
    My inner Chargers fan knows that, no matter how much it seems like a slam dunk, I should still prepare myself for disappointment.

Well those guys don't usually play basketball for a start ...