Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F1FFFFFGTXFBBQ - Rossbrawning our league.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

F1FFFFFGTXFBBQ - Rossbrawning our league.

Tweaks, mods, streamlining, ideas to make it less one sided?
    acket.

Stop a third of the way through the season and have a competition yellow with beers awarded to the current leader.

Team names, just for giggles.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Does the driver swap situation need be addressed? Do we ourselves need a verstappen rule?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Stop a third of the way through the season and have a competition yellow with beers awarded to the current leader.
    Beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Does the driver swap situation need be addressed? Do we ourselves need a verstappen rule?
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the right answer is though. First instinct is you draft the driver, not the seat, just like every other fantasy sport. But if Tom Brady goes from the Pats to the Browns, it's not like he's going to all of a sudden be worthless, like Hamilton would be if he went to Sauber.

I could get really drunk before I pick my team, that might give everyone a chance

Well, I'm a former F1FFFFFGTXFBBQ WDC returning to the grid this year so it might not be a complete cakewalk.

I think for sure we need to give people something to stay engaged throughout the season, but then again this adds more burden for the organizer...

My suggestion would be to award additional points to people who can accurately predict race winners to give ourselves some fantasy boost points.

In the unlikely event of drivers switching teams midsession again, just ask the fantasy team owner whether if he wish to move with the driver or stay with the team. IMHO, in F1, team is way more important than driver. Alonso at mclaren and Alonso at Mercedes cannot be valued the same. Pretty sure most would choose to stay with the faster team rather than go with the driver.

Double points race of your choosing? Decided before the season starts? That way you could allow the same teams. My main beef with the current format is early responders get the best choices. If you come in near the end then you've basically got dregs.

IMOA don't usually pick out his winning combinations super early...