Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F1FFFFFGTXFBBQ - Rossbrawning our league.

I would not like to pick stuff for each race: I like a thing where I'm not engaged actively aside at the starting point.
    Give 1 point for pole, 1 point for fastest lap in the race.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I like Alan's idea. That you also choose a race to get 2X points based on what you think are going to be your strengths during the year? sounds good.

Might as well be double of nothing!
    acket.

I like it too.

What I would recommend is breaking the season into thirds (Race 1-7, 8-14, 15-20) and have each entrant select a double points race from each segment.
    If that's too much overhead, you could just make it first/last half of the season.
    If the points impact is too high you could make the multiplier 1.33 (or 1.5) instead of 2. Obviously make a stipulation that like-teams cannot choose the same multiplier race.

TL;DR: Each entrant chooses 3 races worth 1.3xx and it cannot be the same races as someone with the same driver lineup.

I like the simple format.
    My only gripe is that the cost isn't evenly spread out (all my fault last year, but it wasn't Team Ham+Ros that won). Then again, having perfectly priced drivers won't make it any fun.

So who's running it this year? I won't mind doing it again, but would prefer someone else runs it (don't know if that site that Dave was using for pricing is still around/up-to-date)

I can run it if need be. I can either relearn my own spreadsheet or make a new one that is (hopefully) better.

We could set a draft order based on last year's finishing order. The first round would let everyone get whatever driver they wanted, but the second round would start allowing people to lock in their picks. Once locked in, no one else can lock in with the exact same lineup.

Perhaps we could make the throwaway drivers useful by having positions 11th-15th get fractional points, as well.
    Get that weak shit off my track

sounds like it would take too long to get everyone's picks in (we're not that organised)

all this draft order, fractional points, ... can all be solved by having a solid cost/driver. We basically need to make the bottom 5 teams be much cheaper.
    I messed up RBR because they had a horrid 2015 and a last minute engine deal with Renault, was expecting them to be fighting with McLaren-Honda (behind Williams and FI)

When does the F1 season start? March 26th? Everyone gets 24 hours from the pick previous to there's to make a pick before they lose their place in line? We can make this shit happen as soon as we find cost/driver for the year.

A draft?

Yeesh.

Take the positive benefit outcome from Alan's suggestion and weigh it down as heavily as possible by adding a draft. Eww.

I think picking double points races for yourself is an interesting idea that would get the desired result of more options, but I don't quite get how it isn't just pulling numbers out of a hat.

I guess you can know what tracks your drivers are usually good at, but we'll have no idea where each car excels before the season starts.

Keith said I can go first in the draft, so, yeah, it's a great idea now.