Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F1FFFFFGTXFBBQ - Rossbrawning our league.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    We're having the same problem that real backmarker teams are having. You either get in the top 4 or you're fucked and stuck in a midfield loop.

As long as we use the same points system as FOM we'll get the same results. So, some tweaks are needed. I'd say more than one wildcard event per entry would get confusing, annoying. So I vote for one. Make the multiplier anything between 1.25 to 2.00 and I'll agree to it.

Maybe forbid two drivers from the same team, either as a rule or by pricing them out.

Also driver value should be a factor of driver times team. Or division, whatever.
    acket.

But now with Manor's demise, maybe 10 point scorers out of 20 entries sounds fair.
    acket.

Pre-season testing (two 4-day sessions):
    Barcelona, Spain February 27 - March 2
    Barcelona, Spain March 7 - 10

First race is March 26th, but we usually go by first practice which is the 24th in Oz (night of the 22rd on the other end of the time zones)
    So that's less than two weeks to create driver values and get all the picks in (looks like a lot of folks don't come here on the weekend as well)

Well, I'll leave it to those who are more invested in it (I just pick Hamilton and whoever every year), and then figure out how to make it work tracking wise.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I wanna play with driver's values, would you be willing to crunch some numbers for me keith?
    acket.

Sure, why not.
    Get that weak shit off my track

what kind of #s are we talking about here?
    I want in

Honestly, i still don't know. Need to sit down and read some. Will obviously keep you posted.
    acket.

I have two ideas, but they're both complicated

Idea #2 is to add "ballast" by deducting points from the top few teams based on performance in the previous round, or perhaps add "DRS" by adding points to the bottom teams.

Idea #1 (which is more complicated so that's why I'm explaining it second) is to allow any combination of any number of drivers, but points are proportional to the number of drivers in your team as well as the size of your team. It would require secret picks but trades would be opened up as well.

So for number 1, let's say you have a team of four and one of those drivers is Massa (you nostalgic bastard), you would have a one-quarter "share" in Massa. Let's say three other people had him and they each have teams of three - that means there's one and a quarter shares in Massa in total. If Massa scores 10 points then each share is worth 8 (10 / 1.25), so you get a quarter of that and end up with two points. The other three each get 10/1.25/3 = 2.666... points so ... we're probably going to have some pretty evil number out of this. Might be worth multiplying everything by 10 or 100.

Both of these would require a great deal of management. I don't mind stepping up again if noone else wants to implement it as I think it would be really interesting. We decide the values!

I call it ...

The GTXFFFFFF1 Driver Meat Market

(there, hopefully that got your attention enough to go back and read what I wrote)
    Last edited by G'day Mate; January 31st, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

Dude. That's some mad scientist shit