Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bathurst 12 hour

There will be some form of GM or Ford product which can be built to GT spec, probably not Commodore or Falcon based though as they are dodo very shortly.

Yeah true, and they don't exactly fit the "look" either, but hopefully there's at least something "Holden" to get the bogans hard.

What do you see happening to the V8s?

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I could see the Mustang being moved in to replace the Falcon. No clue where GM would go though, do they even sell the Camaro over there?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

All they'd need to do is cahnge the panels a bit and re-badge it as a Holden Monaro

Junior Potato
    Yeah there's no Camaro here.

Maybe that Kia sedan could get a few bogan hearts pumping but that's unlikely.

I'd honestly like to see the V8s replaced wholesale by a GT3 series, but the promoter wouldn't 'own' it anymore.

We seriously have the talent and the money, just look at how many cars the extant but small Australian GT3 category has already, and combine that with the Supercars teams backing. It could honestly be the worlds best and most competitive GT3 series.

I agree. It could also see the same Australian teams competing in Le Mans and other marquee events
    Last edited by G'day Mate; February 5th, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

You know, the lap record for Mt Panorama in a V8 Supercar (2:06.2769) is less than 5 seconds slower than the GT3 lap record (2:01.5670) ...

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    I agree. It could also see the same Australian teams competing in Le Mans and other marquee events
    Le Mans is a stretch because it's the faster LM GTE class that competes there in Corvettes and Ford GTs, etc. But they could definitely give the establishment a run for its money at the Nurburgring 24h. Just clear a few weeks either side in the local calendar to accommodate.

The graphics without manufacture was a joke. They kept saying "the Ferrari and Bentley" and I'm thinking which bloody car is that on the graphic?!
    Interesting last hour!

I'd prefer GT3/4 racing as well but the thing is while lots of people complain that V8 Supercars sucks the reality is they get really big crowds, good ratings on TV and are a very viable series. For everyone that claims that they'd go to the races if there was more variety/manufacturers/different cars there's 10 that actually attend a V8 supercar event.