Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rocket League

I gave 60+ crates away to a random person last year. I have over 100 crates in my inventory right now. They will all become "blueprints." Every once in a while I am gifted a decryptor, so I have opened a few crates. Keys will become "credits."

Big (6.6 GB) update for this game today. They rolled out the new reward system with blueprints replacing crates and credits replacing keys.

Jeez, no one thought to put a "reveal all" option. If you had hundreds of crates, be prepared to reveal each one individually. It will take you hours.

I don't pay any attention to that stuff at all. Hopefully it won't affect me. But thanks for the heads up, I'm on a gaming hiatus because of bar exam study but now I'll turn on the PS4 and do the update. You'd think as sophisticated as the PS4 is it could handle downloading and updating all game and system updates when it's in rest mode, but, nope.

Every once in a while this game decides that I am going to lose for a while. I dropped from platinum II to gold II in the past week or two.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I'm only chiming in to say I'm glad I don't know what all this silliness is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Every once in a while this game decides that I am going to lose for a while. I dropped from platinum II to gold II in the past week or two.
    It's water finding its level. I tend to oscillate around a skill level, never staying in one place. I think the matchmaking is getting harder with fewer players online so you get paired with folks that are farther away from your own skill levelmas well.

I almost only ever play 1v1, my ranks are usually higher in 3v3 and Snow Day. Pretty sure I am unranked in everything but 1v1 now since I can't play much.

7 GB update! Rocket League is going free next week.

A little while back, I read an article about free-to-play games with in-game purchases. If I remember correctly, only about 10% of players paid for microtransactions, but they were enough to make it profitable, in some cases, very profitable. A small percentage of those players spent a ridiculous amount of money on microtransactions, like thousands of dollars in a single game, depending on the game.

Rocket League does not owe me anything. I still play it often. It does not bother me that it is going free-to-play, but if I had purchased it just a month ago, I might be looking for a refund. I am one of the 90% that will never pay for microtransactions. I have purchased, and would again, DLC that adds significantly more to a game, such as new maps, tracks, cars, stories, missions and things like that. (Halo, Destiny, Forza, Mass Effect, Trials.) I would not consider those to be microtransactions though.

No reason to not give this game a try. It is really fun and simple to play. One of my favourites.

Not deleted.

I got it as a PS+ game so it has always been free for me.