Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket League

I joined a competitive game. We scored 22 seconds in. An opposing team member said, "trash teammates." Thirty seconds later, he, what appeared to be unintentionally, scored on his own net. When the other team would score, he would say, "2ez." He quit out once the score became 6-3 for our team.

I play almost exclusively 1v1 so I miss most of those antics. Sometimes I play 3v3 Snowday but it's unranked so it's not as intense.

I tried 1v1 once. I cannot remember the outcome, but I prefer having team mates.

I like Snow Day.

Been playing 3v3 competitive a lot lately. I got up to gold division 1 then went on a terrible losing streak. I dropped back to silver 2 thanks to match-ups with lousy team mates. It just sucks to be penalized because of crappy luck. Thankfully, I rebounded in the past few days back to gold 1.

"Due to your report and reports of others, action has been taken against an unsportsmanlike player." First time I have seen a message like this in Rocket League. (I've seen similar a couple of times with XBL, but RL is cross-platform.)

Got back up to Gold 3 before the season ended. Started the new season and my Merc (van) was gone! Boo! Set myself up with a different car, only to win the Merc after the first game.

^^^ NARC

Yep. I am very judicious about sending reports if someone is a jackass.

A few years back, when the exchange student (fluent in French and Spanish) was staying with us, we were in a game and she said, "Oh, that guy has a very naughty name." I did not realize it because the gamertag was a phrase in French that basically meant fuck your mother. There is not really a literal translation, but in French, it is one of the filthier things you can say. I reported the gamertag and got a message less than two days later from XBL saying action had been taken.

Later, we mentioned it to another French-speaking friend. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped when he heard it.

Wow, I am on a horrific losing streak right now. I worked my way up almost to platinum division and then steadily dropped down about eight divisions.

I haven't been able to win at all since I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and a 4k TV. Something about it has messed up my timing, and I'm not tracking the ball as well. I keep just simply driving past the ball or whiffing it during aerial shots. I'll adapt but the change has been pretty jarring.