Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocket League

The BTTF DLC is fantastic if you're any bit of a fan of the movie at all. I wrote a glowing review of it when it came out, can't find it now. The detail they put into it was exceptional.

I have it on PS4 (free) also. I liked it so much I felt compelled to buy a bunch of DLC to support the developer, since it was free. Good times.

I don't think local multiplayer is very common anymore?
    I played it with my son yesterday, and we had an absolute blast.

Online, on the other hand...
    My son and a friend tried to play together earlier today, and nothing seemed to work whichever way we tried.
    In the end, we had to set up a private room with a username and a password, and his friend then had to search for this room and log in before they could play together.
    I was hoping it would be more intuitive and hassle-free.

I thought once you started and joined a Party you were bound to them until you leave the party. Hmm.

Kch and I played together the other day with no hassles. I simply sent an invite while I was at the main menu. His name appeared next to mine at the bottom of the screen once he was in my lobby. I was then able to search for a game the same way as single player. Sorry to hear you are having troubles.

Yeah, that's the way I expected it to work.
    Things like this drive me nuts, and an online search seemed to confirm my suspicions, with a lot of posts like these:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeagu..._party_issues/

I'm fiddling around with NAT settings and port forwarding inside the router to see if it helps things.

Otherwise - are you guys playing the Standard games or have you tried Rumble? It adds a Mario Kart element of weapons to the gameplay, and really can be quite hysterical. My son prefers those types of games.

I tried Rumble once but I'm too into it as a 'sport' so I don't like it. I don't even like the non-conventional boards.

I play:

1v1 Ranked: 80% of the time.
    Snow Day: To blow off steam when I'm playing poorly.
    3v3 Ranked: When I need something different.
    Hoops: When I want to find an appreciation for the three above.

I don't touch anything else.

I've only been playing Standard and Snow Day. I have not tried ranked play. Although, there must be some kind of ranking system in Standard. I was amazing at it at first, but quickly became mediocre.

Edit: We have an exchange student staying with us for a little while. We played split-screen online and it is freakin' great.
    Last edited by Cam; February 21st, 2017 at 01:14 PM.

If anybody is still playing this and wants to group send me a messag

Which platform?