Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rocket League

Now that RL is free, there were over 1M people playing yesterday. Normal average was 200-300K.

All progress has been reset. I was back to level one after being 300+, not that it really matters. It is just causing some really one-sided match-ups until I win enough matches to be ranked.

I already have a ridiculous number of blueprints that I will never use. You can trade them up like other items. I do not know if you can trade them to other players. I would guess so.

Just played a game against a Trump-affiliated clan. All their names started with Q. Also, one of our team was a griefer. We won 1-0 on OT, with the griefer scoring the winning goal. That is the first time I had to block the entire opposing team and one of my own team mates. I also reported the griefer.

Just had my longest game ever. We were tied 2-2 at the end of the five minutes of regulation time. It took 10:20 of overtime before the other team scored. It was a good game.

I have been away from Rocket League for a couple of years now, since letting my XBL Gold expire. I finally cracked and installed the Epic Game Store on my PC so I can play Rocket League again. Installing now. I had to create an account, so I will be starting from scratch.

"You must play ten games to be ranked."

*Plays ten mediocre games*

"Platinum III!"

Um, what?

*Gets clobbered in the next three games and drops to Gold II*

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Every once in a while this game decides that I am going to lose for a while.
    Still true. Although, I seem to have settled in to Platinum I. I mostly play Standard 3v3, with Snow Day mixed in. Occasionally, I play 4v4 Chaos, which is usually a laugh riot. I played a Chaos game last night and I was by far the best player. I had more points than all the other players combined.

Played a couple of odd games in a row yesterday. The first one, we were playing against a clan. We went down 3-1, then the other team forfeited. Never seen that before.

The next game, we had a griefer on our team who just kept bashing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Every once in a while this game decides that I am going to lose for a while. I dropped from platinum II to gold II in the past week or two.
    This continues to happen regularly, too regularly to be mere coincidence. I was hovering around platinum 1/2 for a while, then in the last week, I just can't buy a win. Dropped straight down to Gold 2 again.
    Last edited by Cam; August 9th, 2023 at 02:46 PM.