Thread: New Football Team Lets Fans Vote on Plays—And Everything Else

New Football Team Lets Fans Vote on Plays—And Everything Else

New Football Team Lets Fans Vote on Plays—And Everything Else

But the real draw is the play-calling. On offense, fans can choose between a few play options, with the results transmitted to the head coach, then to players on the field. Fans don’t even need to be in the stadium to vote—though because of the need for snap decisions, defensive plays are called traditionally.

As Slate’s Seth Stevenson runs down in depth, the Screaming Eagles’ experiment opens up a spectacular array of both options and questions. Football, perhaps more than other sports, thrives on fan debate over strategy (there’s a reason it’s called “armchair quarterbacking” and not “armchair point guarding”). Now fans will have the chance not just to vote, but to drum up fellow fans’ support for their own tactics, creating a complex game-behind-the-game. Teams could, Stevenson speculates, capitalize on that by letting fans pay fees for their votes to count more, or even to call particular plays solo.
    I don't even...

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Hail Marys and blitz... 24/7.

That's how I played Madden.

I want to see 100pt games

I knew Norm McDonald was a gambler...but damn.
    They got outscored 78-47.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This reminds me a bit of QB1 from NTN...the bar trivia thing that also let people predict the plays that would happen in NFL games.