Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn

I found another super pretty vista yesterday... so they definitely exist in the game. Just some areas are way more populated than others, largely associated with vegetation it seems. Which... makes sense in a way.

Junior Potato
    What the fuck is this tower?

Junior Potato
    I was dicking around in the game the other day (I still don't know what that tower is) and took this really nice screenshot.

Holy heck the visuals are good. You'd need a lot of computer to push out a 4K image like this.

Junior Potato
    Watch this interaction that I had with a snapmaw just now!

I've seen them before but never dared to come this close. I was trying to find a way onto the tallneck, and dicing with the massive croc-like 'bots was the only way.

Tense!

You'll have to excuse the watermark on the bottom of the video. I received a phone call at the worst moment, just as I was under its tail, and had to hit pause, requiring me to edit it out using a free editor.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 7th, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

Junior Potato
    I'm starting to get into the meaty part of the story and the game has really grown on me. Although, the problem with the story is that I find it extremely predictable (for instance, Aloy learned the truth about her heritage, but I pinned that down way back following The Proving when we woke up in All Mother Mountain), but on the flip side I have found the whole past history of the setting to be extremely fascinating. Part of me wants Guerilla to make a spinoff title devoted to this period, like an FPS or something, but it's too bad they've already got Killzone to tie them up in that department.

Another thing that provides endless thrills is the ability to override all the different machines. I found the 'hardest' cauldron first, so that I could override the toughest beasts, and found plenty of mirth in rallying and thunderjaw to my side and having it attack everything within a large radius. As Honest Game Trailers said, I could watch that shit all day.

Junior Potato
    Here's another screenshot which I think looks pretty boss.

Almost every time you turn a corner there's some new crazy thing to look at.

Administrator
    That looks like a movie poster.

I just bought this since it was $10 for Prime Day. The PS5 will probably be out by the time I get to play it.

Do yourself a favor and make some time, it's a fantastic game

I should probably get around to this at some point