Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda (Spoilers)

Junior Potato
    Oh man, there are so many things that can kill you in an instant. Temperature is just one of them. This game can be very humbling at times, and we've only just started.

I'm in the middle of part of the story line that requires you take a trip up some very rainy and very rugged terrain towards the east, right to near the edge of the map. The word 'epic' doesn't even begin to describe it. It's going to take aaaaages to see even 1/4 of what Hyrule has to offer this time around. People have had to be very patient while waiting for this game to come out, and now we know why it took five years for the Zelda team to craft this thing.

I'm putting big 3-4 hour chunks of time into this. It's nearly 21:30 now on a Saturday and I haven't even had dinner yet. It's been six hours since I've eaten, my eyes hurt, my spatial reasoning (the bit of your brain that allows you to remember locations of things) has expanded immensely, and I've not had a single drop of alcohol. WTF? Time to rectify this.

I am a massive Zelda and Nintendo fanboy so I'd be addicted to this game anyway, so that kinda makes it sound a but weak when I say I'm addicted to it. But believe me, I'm addicted to this game.

I've gotten all the shrines on the Plateau, but I decided to explore the area a bit more before heading out. (This is why it takes me forever to complete games )

Exploring near Hopper Pond...

Spoiler:
    Came across a giant rock monster and got my ass thoroughly handed to me... until by chance I figured out you could climb the damned thing and hit the rock on its back with a hammer.

Re: Jason's spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I didn't try that! I just ran away and shot a bunch of arrows at it. Love the quick/fine adjustments I can make with motion control.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    The shrines of trials remind me of test chambers in Portal.

I'd love to see them arranged into one giant trial with gradually increasing difficulty.

With cool interludes in between groups of trial chambers, including hidden areas and cool item pickups.

And places where you bump into Beedle to buy stuff.

Set to an overarching narrative with a cool story line, witty dialogue, and a crazy antagonist.

That's a game I would buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Re: Jason's spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Oh, I didn't try that! I just ran away and shot a bunch of arrows at it. Love the quick/fine adjustments I can make with motion control.
    No wonder you run out

Junior Potato
    Who knew that dying could be so funny?

http://kotaku.com/legend-of-zelda-br...ium=Socialflow

Junior Potato
    And some helpful things for amiibo collectors:

http://press-start.com.au/guides/201...a-breath-wild/

While riding over the big bridge over Lake Hylia...

Spoiler:
    A BIG FREAKIN DRAGON. WTF. I was too stunned to do anything, so I just sat there and watched, then it flew over me, shocked me, and blasted all my equipment away I have no idea what it was all about, or if it was a one time thing, but damned was it cool. Hope to see it again!

Junior Potato
    I'm not reading your spoiler (I skirted past Lake Hylia via the mountains to unlock the tower) but the night time horse riding music is my favourite track in this game.

I hope what happened to me happens to you, because it's SO COOL

(or maybe it happens elsewhere also, I've only unlocked a couple zones so far, so it might be old hat for you )