Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda (Spoilers)

Junior Potato

The Legend of Zelda (Spoilers)

This can be a general Zelda thread, but for now, lets use this as a safe space for those of us who are playing Breath of the Wild to let loose.

Beware of spoilers!

My fiancée's brother bought this for me on Amazon on my fiancée's prime account (which is linked to mine ). She just got word that it won't be delivered Friday anymore, but Tuesday. Apparently due to "suppliers holding back stock of the item". She bitched at them and got a free month of prime and a $20 credit, sooooo... kind of a win....

Would have really liked to play Zelda this weekend, though.

Junior Potato
    I've played it for 30 minutes now.

COBFIRNED BEST GAME EVAH

Junior Potato
    I love the old guy that you see at the start of the game, once you leave the shrine of resurrection. He's such an interesting character to be interacting with during that opening prologue-y bit of the game.

And I highly recommend you scale Mt Hylia if you can. A seriously lol-worthy moment awaits.

Friendly request: yes, this can and should be a spoiler friendly quest, but as a huge open world game that many will be playing for dozens of hours over the course of weeks and months, please format your posts with a brief, somewhat vague description of what you'd like to talk about, and then the meat of spoilerific information behind spoiler tags.

For example:
    ------------
    About the large rock temple to the north

Spoiler:
    It's so rocky and northerly, I never would have expected it to house so many McGuffins!

------------
    That way we can all freely enter this thread and discuss it without someone plowing deeply into the game and excitedly sharing more than others are ready to see.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    I spent maaaybe only 6 hrs playing yesterday, and I've broken-in one horse and unlocked three sections of the map (that's analogous to three radio towers for FarCry fans, ha!)

Cruising around on horseback, you see so. many. things. that you'll want to check out later. The world is so freaking fascinating. I'm finding it hard to strike a balance between blasting through the guided storyline, and experiencing the world. I'm too excited to progress and find out what happens and collect all the good weapons and gear, but I still want this game to last a while and to see every nook and cranny.

And Kotaku recommends using the pro hud mode, which removes the minimap and only shows your hearts. They say to give it a few hours first while you get to grips with BotW, but after that the game itself is communicative enough for alert players to know everything just by looking and listening, so I'm going to try that today.

And yeah, it's definitely a game worth listening to. The sound design is incredible. At first I disliked the sparse music but now I find that it really works, and the sounds from the environment get to stand out which helps it's open world survival-ish gameplay take centre stage.

Junior Potato
    Screenshot upload function.. so good (you can add the text in the Switch menu).

This reminds me of my first, erm... love. Or what I've been known to resort to in times of severe drought.

Last edited by Rare White Ape; March 3rd, 2017 at 09:13 PM.

Junior Potato
    Here's a few shots mostly of nice scenery to show off, which I'll hide behind spoiler tags. They're probably not that spoilery so it's best to hide them just in case.

Spoiler:

I'm kinda embarrassed how long it took me to figure out how to survive the cold without finding warm clothes