Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

I'd imagine the supply chain issue is still around? Besides truck drivers, there's probably a shortage of forklift operators as well? You have the skill they need, you're probably the 1001st call they had to make that day!

In my LinkedIn account, I keep on receiving requests to connect from bunch of gorgeous looking Chinese human resource ladies from some tech companies in China. All of them are really super hot looking! China really has a lot of hot looking chicks! Unfortunately I'm a married guy... so I never respond to them. Probably causing their Interest Level in me to go thru the roof!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Would it not be prudent to throw a brief glance at the other sections of my LinkedIn page on the way through to harvesting the phone number off my CV?
    Resume farms. You're now another number when they go to a company looking for forklift drivers, and they can say "we have direct contact with x,xxx number of forklift drivers." Happens a lot with tech people over here, Cybercoders are a particularly notorious resume farm.

Junior Potato
    I might re-upload a different version of my CV to LinkedIn with contact details removed to prevent this sort of thing

Edit: It wasn't from LinkedIn, it was on Seek, a job advertising website. I've just changed my discoverability from 'open' to 'limited', not that any employers would have ever used it as promised...
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; April 19th, 2022 at 12:35 AM.

Administrator
    Tomorrow's my last day. Of course, somehow I'm roped into an afternoon meeting. I'd normally ignore it, but I like my teammates and I can probably give some guidance in how to work with the things I've built once I'm gone. Gave my exit interview - happy that I called out some of the toxic culture, annoyed at myself for being too worried about burning bridges to name names (though if they follow the management hierarchy, they know who I'm talking about).

It's so different when you know that you're leaving rather than the surprise of a layoff. Mostly everything is already off my laptop (though these days I'm very careful to keep personal things off my work laptop - it's also easier when I'm at home and have my own desktop sitting in the same spot). Just gotta sign out of my personal Google account in Chrome, sign out of my apple account, and hand it over.

Looking forward to riding my bike out of there laptop free and ready for a week of relaxation and a short vacation with Michele to the mountains. Then, on to new things.

Here's wishing you won't end up meeting another crazy conspiratory boss..., but I hear infowars is going bankrupt... so those people probably will run out of conspiracy theories to believe in...

Anyway, enjoy your break!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I hear infowars is going bankrupt...
    Alex Jones a bad businessman?, you be kidding!!

Alex is like a drunk Vince McMahon that is always breaking kayfabe.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Tomorrow's my last day. Of course, somehow I'm roped into an afternoon meeting. I'd normally ignore it, but I like my teammates and I can probably give some guidance in how to work with the things I've built once I'm gone. Gave my exit interview - happy that I called out some of the toxic culture, annoyed at myself for being too worried about burning bridges to name names (though if they follow the management hierarchy, they know who I'm talking about).

It's so different when you know that you're leaving rather than the surprise of a layoff. Mostly everything is already off my laptop (though these days I'm very careful to keep personal things off my work laptop - it's also easier when I'm at home and have my own desktop sitting in the same spot). Just gotta sign out of my personal Google account in Chrome, sign out of my apple account, and hand it over.

Looking forward to riding my bike out of there laptop free and ready for a week of relaxation and a short vacation with Michele to the mountains. Then, on to new things.
    Good luck man! I'm not exactly familiar with your recent story, (I rarely come into this thread), but what page or post # does it start on?

I take it you have something new lined up, right? Even if you don't, it's probably okay. Taking the time to decompress before moving onto something new is always a good thing. I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

Best of luck, Swervo.

Administrator
    Oh, this was because I lined up a new gig. I haven't really loved this job, and got an offer to work with some people I've worked with before and know I like working with. I have the next week off, and then start my new job on the 2nd of May.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The place where I work is getting a new phone system for our helpdesk. Unlike the one we currently use or any that I've used before, this one lets you remotely view the PC screen of any of the agents.

I'm one of the higher-ups so I'm the one assisting with this. We HAVE notified all of the agents that we will have the ability to do this but they won't know when we're doing this. It definitely feels...not great...to have this ability. Clearly they should be using another PC for personal stuff but you know how that goes.

I wonder if there's legal issues with this.