Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Sorry Mario. Hope you find something soon.

Yeah, more context is required. Vaguebooking!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    ^ There must be a story there. Good luck in finding something else, if you want something else. I don't claim to know but I think I thought you were in graduate school...or maybe teaching graduate school.
    Mexico invests in science and managerial training by providing living expenses grants to graduate students in a few certified programs. I'm lucky to have been accepted to one such program since Jan '20. However you are supposed to be a full-time student and not receive payment from activities unrelated to the program, i.e. you can be an professorial adjunct or a research aide. Since students are not provided with the grant right away, most schools look the other way for the first few months of enrollment; However, that thing in March of 2020 happened and we had to switch to online presence since the middle of the first zoomester.

It was the same in the government job I was supposed to quit. But, since it was a copy-writing, text editing gig, as long as I made sure to comply with deadlines nobody raised an eyebrow. I had planned to quit after I had turned everything in for Q1 2021, that was supposed to be on the 25th of March, but by the end of January, as I was wrapping up the semester at school, our deadline was moved up to the 24th of February; unbeknownst to me (remember, we're working it remotely), people at my department had been let go since December, and the deadline change was a reflection of that. So I figured the change was actually kind of good because I'd be starting the final stretch of grad school fully devoted to the research project. Alas, the editorial office (a graphic designer and me) were let go and the projects we were working on were put on hold indefinitely. In total they took 30 of 50 desk mule positions and swapped them for "field workers".
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Sorry Mario. Hope you find something soon.
    Thanks, Rich. I do want something, but more inside the rules this time.
    acket.

Good luck, Mario.

Stumbled across this on the sidebar of the YouTube page I was just on. Of course I thought of this thread.

Administrator
    Alternate version.

^ that makes me do like this:

Administrator
    Hah, while the original kinda makes me want to take a nap One of the things I really like about DK though is that a lot of it sounds based in surf guitar, fast picking and a Dick Dale-esque tone.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 18th, 2021 at 04:40 PM.

I am floating around in FedGov promotion bureaucracy. Got selected for a temp promotion that can't exceed 4 months. Filling in while they advertise the position publicly. Gives me a leg up when they do interviews, and gets me the experience and pay in the meantime. Catch is the guy I would be replacing took a temp 5 year gig with another agency and he has return rights, so the promotion can never be truly permanent. If he comes back, I fall back to my old job.

But I want to retire in 18-24 months anyway so maybe none of it matters.

*twiddle*