Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

I personally like a little chaos, I would just respond to the original email. Then like one day later respond to the coworkers email with something like "Taken care of yesterday! see below" and copy the email from the day below.

I feel like at that point it puts him in a tough spot because nobody cared about his stupid email to begin with, and if he wants to respond now he has to write out a whole longer thing about how he sent the email before yours, which also nobody is going to care about.

Oh thats good! No wonder Elon Musk hired you!

/golf clap.

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by retsmah View Post
    I would just respond to the original email.
    Yes, that is a MUST when responding to naggers who send multiple requests. Acknowledging the second request gives it power.

Come the end of July I'll have been at my current job for five years. For the most part it has been drama free, I've worked a shit ton of hours, I've kept the weight off and the money is really good, but lately I've had a couple of interactions with customers that have left me scratching my head. Yesterday I had a delivery to one of my favorite customers in a small resort town in Michigan that gets overrun by FIPs during the summer. As I came out of the restroom the chef's assistant gave me a cup of coffee and two cookies(one lemon drop , the other double chocolate) and said "these are from you from Chef Jackie". I told the assistant "thank you" and "why are we being so formal today?" She replied with "It's a term of respect. Do you know what the word respect means?" Yes I do because I've been around kitchens long enough to know what is going on, but being the flippant SOB that I am I replied with "Of course I do. I know the difference between a chef and a sous chef." All that got me was a double dose of stink eye and it was on to my next stop. Now if she required that I refer to her as "Chef" I would because I have been threatened with being beaten/shot if her order was wrong. I let it roll right off of me. I have seen how she reacts to negative things among her staff and all I can say is that The Chef doesn't fuck around.
    This morning I had a stop that was near the end of my route. I rang the bell to get inside and the manager let me in. I asked her how she was doing, she said "I'm fine, but on days when you're late I'd like to get you fired!" All I could say was "I bet you say that to all of the drivers" and she was like "Nope! Only you!" and I rolled right along with it. The customer in question is famous for their "baby back ribs" and wants their Fri-Sat deliveries before noon. Good thing I was there at 9:30. downside is the manager in question has no sense of humor. Yippie ki aye.

Weird.

Coworker crying to management because he didnt get all the overtime he thinks he deserves.

Really tired of the guy. Wont get recertified for lifts and whines about overtime. Only the lift guys get a bunch of overtime constantly.

Part of why is due to how he treats them. He wont even go stand at the time clock with everyone.

Sunday afternoon after finishing making his delivery a driver for a another company pulled his truck out of the dock and one of our trucks was parked next to it. He decided to slide his tandems on the trailer forward except he was as far forward as he needed to be. As the trailer traveled rearward it's left rear corner caught the mirror on the passenger side of our truck and proceeded to tear some shit up. The window is shattered and the outer door skin was pulled away from the inner skin. Pretty sure that shit will buff right out.
    IMG_20190603_025410.jpg

*whistles*

Failure to adapt to a changing market place will doom you to failure.
    Spent the past three weeks watching my boss getting kicked in the dick. Over that time we've lost about 10-15 customers. Some were through locations closing down and the majority were lost due to a combination of poor quality produce and an overworked salesman. Customers who had questions/issues called the salesman but their calls were never returned. It's hard to find yourself in Muskegon, MI when you simultaneously need to be in Fort Wayne, IN and Lafayette, IN. The boss' failure/inability to leave his office and get his ass on the road to provide some sales support is dooming himself and his company. It doesn't help that as a very small company(10 trucks) we find ourselves facing very stiff competition from a company(with 100 trucks) located 150 miles south of us whose territories overlap with almost all of ours.
    I find myself getting frustrated with two things. The previously mentioned boss not getting his ass out on the road and their age old practice of buying second quality produce and selling it for a first quality price. Customers are getting fed up with both the inattentiveness on the sales side and the quality issues. I've been here for five years and I love working here, but it is a disorganized shit show. Two years ago, for a few months, we had two salesmen to go out and visit customers and attend to their needs. But the new guy tired of the shituation within six months and went to work for the company that bought his previous employer.