Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Very cool device!

But ain't paying $60 for it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That sucks man, I hope the further developments are positive
    They are.

On Monday I started over on a new master's with a same-ish focus. Failed one was entrepreneurial side of sustainable economics. This one is research oriented on resource management. If column a was the old school and column b is the new school, all plus signs would fall on 'b'.

The only "minus" is they are a federal research center so, there are support grants available for the students but I can't apply for them. At least not in the first semester. I guess that means I'm going to have to ace it. Wish me luck!
    acket.

Good luck, man!
    If you ever want to commiserate about university life I'm here for you.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Thanks Josh.
    acket.

Congrats/good luck Mario.

Good luck, Mario.

My wife has two masters students in her lab right now. One has been phoning it in. Wife is very close to cutting her off. The way things are going, it is going to happen before the end of the semester.

Yes, good luck!

Thanks God in my school we had an option to do either a thesis or a design project, of course I chose the latter... I took my master's engineering degree classes at night after work... it was dreadful... it was supposed to be a pretty short program but took me years to complete. I can't imagine having to go back to school ever again! So enjoy while you can!

Junior Potato
    I wouldn't normally post in this thread because I generally love my job. But a month ago I was subjected to a rather ugly encounter with the 2IC of the warehouse where I work. Gist of it was a bit of a blast in what should have been a small incident, but got taken waaay out of context. It was poorly managed by everyone senior to my position.

With regards to the 2IC I honestly tried to work with this guy over the years but it was the final straw. I'm out.

So, uhhh, right now I'm in the opening throes of taking my next step.

This one: https://www.toprider.com.au/instructors-course/

My friend works as a motorcycle licensing instructor, and he just happened to post something to Facebook about them needing more people to train new riders in the same week that the above incident happened. I got on the phone to him and made the appropriate enquiries.

My training materials were emailed to me yesterday and for the last four hours I've been head-down and getting used to doing study again! I've got a five-day weekend ahead of me (I booked time off because another friend was supposed to get married this weekend but some global human malware crisis put a stop to that) and I want to get as much of a head start as possible.

I'm so keen to get going. The only sucky thing is that I want to quit my job now and shit on the floor hit the door, but I still have to eat in the mean time.

Wow, good luck.

Junior Potato
    Thanks Cam. Adjusting to doing tedious study is a thing. I’d already done a Cert IV Training And Education so I already know a bit of this stuff (this is a Cert IV in riding instruction so there’s a lot of crossover) but that qualification is 9 years old and superseded now.

It kinda dovetails nicely with my hastily patched-together ‘career’ up until now. I did my Cert IV TAE through the volunteer rural fire brigade and Gold Coast City Council, and subsequently did a bit of training new recruits in Cert II Rural Fire Operations, as well as being a crew trainer at McD’s back in the day and having a semi-responsible role with training new people in my current job.

Plus I can’t live without motorcycles. Sometimes they keep me sane.