The other Job thread was way too celebratory for the kind of vibe I'm about to set off, so I figured I'd make my own bitch session:

I was hired to my current job on a job description that does not match the Position Description. It's not even close. I was hired to do network scanning and I'm actually a full blown Information Security Officer responsible for all facets of InfoSec issues, our network scanning duties are actually contracted out to a defense contractor, we don't even have access. I work as one member of a virtual team, so I'm the only one at my physical location doing this. There are about 20 of us spread around the country covering all of my agencies locations.
My point being that I showed up here already over my head, but fine. I'm smart, I'll learn.

My primary location is Pittsburgh, I also have a primary location of St. Paul that I need to visit once a week every quarter. Additionally I also back up a counterpart in Cincy, Buffalo, Detroit, Huntington WV, and Louisville. It's a heavy workload for an inexperienced new person, but I'll deal and be a very well rounded security professional here in about 2 years.

Found out today that because my counterpart in some of those locations was promoted to a team lead position, I will be the primary at Cincy, Huntington, and Louisville as well. As far as I know I've not been assigned a backup. Technically I'm supposed to visit all of those sites for a week every quarter. What has me a little steamed about it is that I found this out from a customer today, not from anyone in my supervisory chain.

Not impressed.

Anyone else want to vent?

Other than this snafu I love my work.