Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Quote Originally Posted by shakes View Post
    Well I had an interview yesterday and it couldn't have gone any better because I got an offer to start an electrical apprenticeship at the power plant. It won't start right away, the refurbishment project doesnt kick into high gear until the summer and there are a couple of security clearances I have to obtain before they'll let me set foot on the nuclear facility regardless. But now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm on my way out. Could not be more relieved!
    Fantastic news! Hopefully they don't find out about us.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    ... you two... ok...
    acket.

Got the official welcome package for the new job and will be giving notice to my current job on Monday. The plan is to give my current employer until the end of April. I have a temporary job lined up for May 1st who is willing to keep me on for as little or as long as need be until I get the call to show up for work at the nuke plant.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    ... you two... ok...
    You jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by shakes View Post
    Got the official welcome package for the new job and will be giving notice to my current job on Monday. The plan is to give my current employer until the end of April. I have a temporary job lined up for May 1st who is willing to keep me on for as little or as long as need be until I get the call to show up for work at the nuke plant.
    Excellent.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    You jealous?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Excellent.
    No, no, no
    That's a nuclear power plant, he'll be at a "nuke plant" ... you know, manufacturing that stuff from RoboCop 2

Well, it wasn't so much a 'Take this job and shove it' moment as it was an 'I'm done, please accept this letter of resignation' moment. Handed in my letter yesterday and told them I'd be around until the end of the month. My boss was slightly surprised but I think they'd been preparing to add a second F&I Manager so they weren't too upset about it. He even said that if they can't find a replacement for me in a month that's their problem, its not on me. He was very thankful that I was giving them that much notice and seemed almost happy for me about the new job. He knows that the power plant pays good money and that its way more money than what they'd be willing/able to pay me to stay on board.

Glad it went smoothly, I know it can be a big stressor. Congrats!

So I've been applying/interviewing for a new job for the last month and a half or so, and finally got an offer today! I'll be giving my notice on Monday at my current job.

The new job involves demoing and training on the broadcast equipment I've been directing on for the past decade. I'll be working from home, travelling across the country (with some international travel). I can live anywhere, and given I'm going to be working for a Canadian company, the benefits rock.

I'm super stoked, and can't wait to get back into work on Monday to let them know I'll be leaving. (My immediate supervisor is aware I've been in this process, so it won't be a suprise.)

I can't wait to get out of Miami in January when my lease is up. Most likely I'll be moving up to Jupiter (north of West Palm Beach), but I'm considering New England or New York, where I have a lot of family.