Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Take This Job and Shove It

Ask me about my bottom br
    You forgot "Profit!", brah.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    "work ethic" is an interesting concept when applied to people like Musk - As I understand it, his "work" largely consists of:
    Have an idea.
    Pay someone to figure out if the idea is feasible.
    Convince some other people with money that said idea is the future.
    Write check to get other people to manufacture the idea.
    Convince the tech and business presses that said idea is the future.
    Repeat.
    None of the above needs to be done by living and sleeping in the factory.

You really believe it was all just for show? Those experienced hired managers can’t deliver enough model3s and left, then he takes over and how things turned out lately? If he doesn’t do any actual work in that factory, then perhaps he is the greatest showman ever!

Anyway, besides, typical CEOs probably have no ideas what they’re doing other than just try to maximize next quarters profit by laying us suckers off.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 1st, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

Considering the dumb things that Musk has done that could have seriously hurt the company recently?

Yeah. Its all PR stunts. They always happen when the company is in the news for whatever their most recent failure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, besides, typical CEOs probably have no ideas what they’re doing other than just try to maximize next quarters profit by laying us suckers off.

If this was twitter, I'd use one of those "100!" emojis
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    Considering the dumb things that Musk has done that could have seriously hurt the company recently?

Yeah. Its all PR stunts. They always happen when the company is in the news for whatever their most recent failure is.
    Musk is definitely not mistake free, there were definitely certain PR stunts.

The Thai rescue incident was really pointless and waste of effort, but I can understand why he was mad about that, but he shouldn’t have escalated further like that...

As for the tweet that cost him the chairman title and $20 mil, well, it was worth it to fuck with the annoying short seller in his opinion..,

He’s only human and can make errors and have emotions. Considering how sleep deprived he is...

In the end, you’ll be unwise to write him off. He pretty much always failed to deliver his promises on time(according to his own optimistic target), but he always end up delivering ahead of everybody else.

Man’s got amazing work ethics I tell you. Unfortunately his family end up suffering tremendously. So I would not want to be his wife or kids..., but working for/with him should be cool.

He’ll probably fire me pretty quickly because I won’t be able to keep up with him...